Treachery of theories (and love) (Spive)

Split blinked at the confusing sight in front of her.

A billboard, hoarded with masses of papers and red strings, seemingly nonsensical at first glance.

Then she turned to bive, who was smiling widely and fiddling with her fingers

"SO??? WHAT DO YOU THINK"

Split slowly turned their head at the billboard again, having a look of our confusion and concern, she knew bive was...obsessive when it came to theories and such, but this? THIS was wayyy more different than anything bive cooked up in the past.

She gave a fake smile "it's uhm....uh very..in-teres-ting? She couldn't even put her way out of this one as bive scurried to the board like a filthy rat, Pointing and scuffing up the papers "so you see the monster that has been harassing the entire retregang is still on the LOOSE! That thing already killed 40 people and a bunch of missing pets!! And-"

"Woah woah woah bive back up." Split said calmly as she walked towards bive "what monster-?"

Bive looked at split "the monster? The things that been terrorizing everyone?"

Split gave a quizzical look, before bive cleared her throat, trying to put this in a more intricate way for split to understand.

"Remember when mark was talking about that one incident in the regretevator???"

"You mean the one with the scratch marks and the roof clawed off?"

"YES!! WELL GUESS WHAT! ITS CONNECTEDDDD!!"

"?? How-?"

Bive waved for split to follow, she led her to a creaky desk, and ripped out a drawer with a stack of papers filled to the brim.

"The missing patients of dr retro!" She pulled out an insecure newspaper, showcasing the missing patient. With retro's testimony highlighted. "She claimed that a WILD ANIMAL dragged it away!!"

She pulled out another piece of paper, this time it was written in her handwriting with a picture of an injury clipped on....spud's injury

"Oh I know this-!"

"YES!! SPUDS INJURY!! again. WILD ANIMAL!! IT WAS A WILD ANIMAL THAT ATTACKED HIM!!"

She pulled out a file, opening it, showcasing newspapers that dates from several years ago, mostly of animal attacks that happened 7 years ago.

One of them caught splits eyes

"What..?"

"The death of builderman and Jane doe."

Split looked at bive, she seemingly started to understand. She quickly scanned all the other newspapers, all the faces on those papers, the cheery girl to the old sweet man.

They were all dead because of that thing.

Split felt her heart ache with a tinge of pity. Bive then closed the file with a thud. Split twitched a little

"You wanna know how all of those are connected!?"

Split nodded, and bive took it as her cue to pull out a plastic ziplock, with a q-tip on it

The q-tip was drenched in a substance, resembling that of a missing texture.

"AND GUESS WHAT THE WITNESSES SAID!? YOU REMEMBER WHAT MARK AND SPUD ALL SAID!? DR.RETROS STAEMENT??"

split scratched her chin, recalling on the stories the each shared

'Yeah an' whatever that thing was, it was an' animal! A real feral one! But for some reason it left this weird watery thing, like, purple blocks in liquid form I dunno'-'