𝖎𝖛 | the past

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥 .ᐟ

❛ the past ❜

𝗧𝗛𝗘 gladers wait by the entrance of the maze, large sticks in hand. they watch in silence as minho holds ben's tied hands behind his head, urging him forwards.

"just listen to me..." ben begs, "just please listen to me! please, minho!"

minho ignores his sobs, continuing to push him towards the small opening in the center of the the boys. directly in front of the entrance to the maze. he pushes ben down to his knees, taking a small knife from the leather sheath on his thigh, cutting the rope around his wrists allowing ben to fall forward onto his hands, letting out gasp as he landed.

thomas ran over to chuck, who stood off to the side of the group, watching from a distance.

ben continued to sob, looking around at the boys surrounding him. he coughed and gagged, before spitting up black bile onto the dirt.

thomas turned to look at chuck, but instead, he saw emilia slowly walk up to the group. her eyes were wet with tears, but her expression was emotionless.

thomas looked back over to the crowd, where minho walked in front of ben, looking into the maze.

"no, no, please, please don't, please don't do it." ben cries.

minho looked up at alby, in which he nodded in approval.

a loud rumbling erupted from the maze walls, signaling the doors were about to close. minho took a small worn-leather backpack and tossed it onto the floor of the entrance.

as a gust of wind was pushed out over the crowd, thomas stepped closer to the group, trying to get a better look.

"poles!" alby shouts.

each boy took the large sticks in their hands and began tilting them forward, towards ben.

chuck frowned, swallowing hard as he pushed a couple tears back down, before turning around and leaving the group.

"move in." alby commands, in which each boy, did exactly that.

thomas watched in horror as the group of boys began to force ben into the maze.

"no! no! please, just listen to me!" ben yells, "i can get better, please! no! please!"

"push him in." alby says.

the boys continued to push ben into the maze, ignoring each one of his cries and begs. once ben realized the doors were moving in on him, he gave up fighting, placing his hands on each wall as they quickly began to shut. ben panicked, knowing the only way he was able to go was in. thomas watched silently as ben let out a final scream, before the maze doors shut in front of him, trapping him inside.