6. The Wedding

Please read the note at the end of the chapter. 

*****************

The pandit ji had come and now they all are deciding the dates for marriage

"Pandit ji, did you find an auspicious date for the wedding," Jigyasa asked (Avantika's grandmother)

"Ji maa ji, I have found two auspicious dates for the marriage. One is after 9 months, and another is after a week," 

"Pandit ji, is there no auspicious date after 1 or 2 months. After 9 months is too long and marriage in a week is too early," Mamta said 

"I apologies Rajmata. I'm afraid their is not. If you want, you can ask some another pandit," 

"There is no need pandit ji. The wedding will take place in a week," Rudraksh came with Avantika  after their moments in the garden (You have already read it in the previous chapter 'The Meeting')

"Bhai sa, wedding in a week. How will the shopping be done in a week?" Divya said

"Bhai sa, how will the menu be finalized in a week?" Saurabh said 

"Chup karo dono, bss shopping or khaana." Dadi sa reprimanded them 

"Sorry, dadi sa," both said at the same time

"I apologize for interrupting Raj mata. But I think you should take a look at Avantika's hands also," Sunidhi (Avantika mami) said with a smirk 

Everyone looked at her hands, which was hidden because of the dupatta she was draping around her arms. Maya (Sunidhi daughter) slid her dupatta from her arms, making her gasp.

Every eye was on her, making her look down. The light of happiness was hiding behind the clouds of insecurities again. 

She can feel those judgmental eyes on her body. Her breathing became hard, and her heart was beating fast. She was feeling anxious in the stare of those people. 

"Ab Rajasthan ki Maharani ke sharir pr daag. Aaisa lagega jaise Raj parivar per daag hai Rajmata," Sunidhi said with innocence dripping from her voice 

"Bhabi, what are you doing?" Priya whispered in her ears and gripped her hands in hers.

"I am just making them aware, Priya." She shut her mouth with her words

Surbhi walked towards Avantika and stood IN front of her. She gripped her chin gently with her thumb and index finger, making Avantika look in her eyes. 

"Rajasthan ki hone waali maharani hai aap Avantika. Apni ankhein utha ke baat kariye, sirf isliye nhi kyunki aap Rudra ki hone waali biwi hai lekimn isliye kyunki har ladki ko apna sir utha ke chlna chahiye Koi chori nhi ki hai unhone, sir wo jhukate hai jo glt hote, smjhi" 

Avantika nodded her head in yes. The woman standing IN front of her, her aura screams power and royalty

"Baat rhi inn Nishano ki, toh ye iss baat ka pratik hai ki aap kis jang se lad ke aai hai. You have to conquer your demons and wear these scars like wings. You should wear them like a warrior. These are the reminder that you are alive, never be ashamed of them,"