She's a fighter

Chapter 4
[real life and instagram]

It's been a few weeks since junior year started at UConn. Classes were ok and I'm passing all of them with straight A's. Taking Geno up on his offer to be a AT was the best thing ever.

I get to spend time with some of the best girls in the world. Especially a certain blonde hair blue eyed girl who comes in 15 minutes early every Monday morning just to see me. Granted it is for a checkup and she has to come, but I'm just gonna say she does it just to see me.

That's another thing I've been thinking about. My feelings towards Paige. What are they? Will they go away? Do I want to be her? Or do I want to be with her?

I've known I've liked girls since a very young age. However, I was never the best at picking good partners, if you wanted a narcissist and a gaslighter I could definitely help you there though.

It was Monday and practice started at 12:30, meaning I needed to be there at 12:00 to get everything set up for when Paige got there for her checkup.

I groaned as I turned my head to look at the clock on my bedside. It read 11:00 and I let out a gust of air before pushing myself up and out of bed. I walked over to my bathroom and turned the shower on, a smile creeping up the second hot water hit my skin.

All good things must come to an end so I stepped out and wrapped myself up into a fluffy white towel. After blow drying my hair I flipped it up into a ponytail to keep it out of my face. I put some concealer, blush, and mascara on before walking back into my room to change into a blue workout set and a UConn dance crewneck.

We had practice today after basketball so I laced up my running shoes and grabbed my backpack, tossing a pair of dance shoes and some pre wrap in it before throwing the bag over my shoulder.

I grab my phone and made my way out of my room and down the staircase into the kitchen where Hayley was stood making eggs with her back facing me.

"Morning", I say walking farther into the kitchen, grabbing a misfit bar from the counter.

"Good morning", she glances at me before looking back at the eggs. "Practice?"

"Mmhmm", I nod taking a bit of the bar. "Basketball at 12:30 and dance at 4:00 til 6:00"

"You need me to pick you up?", she asks as she plates her eggs and turns to look at me.

I shake my head and swallow the last chocolaty bite before throwing the wrapper away. "Paige is coming to get me. We're going to eat dinner so don't wait up for me"

"Ooooo, a date with Paigey", she smirks.

"It's not a date. We're going to chick fil a", I rolled my eyes.

"Well to me it's a date, you know you like her", Hayley gives me a knowing smile.

I roll my eyes once again and begin walking towards the door.

"You keep rolling your eyes and they'll get stuck", she mumbles from behind me.

I hear her pick her keys up from the bowl on the table and she begins following me out the front door. I wait for her to lock it and then make my way towards the elevator.

"I could have gone by myself", I say as the doors slide shut and we began descending.

"You think I was gonna let you take that nasty bus? Not a chance", she shudders at the thought. "And besides, I wanted to watch practice."

"Sure", I whisper once we make it to her car at the front of the car park.
_____________________________________
Thirty minutes later we're walking into the AT office with boxes in our arms. Someone at the front said that the old AT came and dropped off a bunch of medical supplies earlier this morning.