The Honkai in Nagazora

Back at Helios, Ren was still continuing his duty on cleaning and repairing like the usual. Until the red lights and alarms began shouting like maniacs.

[All crews, the ship is being attacked by honkai beasts, please return to your respective rooms. I repeat, please return to your respective rooms]

Even though Ren knows what to do, he went to check on every room to see if no one was staying behind. But the ship was shaking already from the attack despite the shield up.

"What....the fuck is happening?"

Ren quickly went to the laboratory, to see Jessica still on her research table.

"What are you still doing here??"

Ren quickly went to her as he sees Jessica still working on those honkai energy vials.

"Just one more"

"Nope we don't have time!"

Ren tried to get her away but she was so persistent on her work. Genius but stubborn.

"Ahh fuck this."

He went and closed the laboratory on lockdown just like the rest as he sighed in relief. Hoping the honkai doesn't infiltrate the ship itself.
He looked at Jessica who didn't really care about anything else but her research.

"You do realize we might die right?"

"I'll die if I don't do this so I don't care"

She responded.

Ren was amazed and scared by this woman's determination and possibly obsession for her research.

"Do you want to be strong?"

She asked, yet he was silent.

"I can make you strong."

Ren looked at her with hope in his eyes and felt like finally something was giving him the opportunity to get his goal. His original goal in the first palace.

Yet, he answered something else.

"I....am fine the way I am"

He replied yet his voice had a bitter tone.

"You're a bad liar"

Jessica said and continued with her research. Ren on the other hand was still thinking about the choice that he made. Questioning it at some point but he already made peace from it.

-----------------------------

"Hah...hah...hah..hah"

Athena and squad had quickly retreated on another ruined building. The rest were tired from fighting and running. Wounded on the walls, leaning and resting. While the medics were treating them, the scouts came back.

"Captain, honkai beasts at both chariot and templar class have been roaming around the city"

Athena nodded and the scout had began resting. The rest had been eating, drinking and resting.

"Captain, it was weird how the honkai energy from Helios just spiked in a matter of seconds. Are you thinking what I'm thinking as well?"

Athena nodded at her guess.

"That's right, there's a Herrscher hiding. It would be a better guess if it was just a strong honkai beasts but the honkai beasts that have been attacking at us lately are either templar or emperor class."

Susannah who sat beside her and started eating some food rations.

"There are less lower level honkai beasts. So having a big strong honkai beast as a leader is out of the mark."