Prologue

May 2026.

To you, who showed me things about love.

I closed the box and tie it in with a ribbon. That's the note on top of the box. I glance myself on a full-body size mirror once again before getting up my bed.

"This is it." I said to myself, tapping my own shoulder. "It's literally now or never."

I let out a heavy sigh before picking up my shoulder bag, as well as the box I have prepared. Muli kong tiningnan ang cellphone ko para tingnan ang mensahe niya.

"Will be there at 20. See you." I read the message.

I glanced at my place before going out of the room. My house isn't that spacious but was big enough to accommodate me. Since I prepared everything before leaving, I simply just go straight to the garage to get my car.

It's a very special day for me. I'll be heading to my special childhood place that I haven't visited for a while. Sobrang laking courage ang inipon ko for this.

I'm currently living in a city nearby my childhood hometown. Masyadong maraming nangyari and I haven't yet set a foot on my hometown since I graduated.

This is gonna be the first time after two years.

I drove my way to the town. Halos lahat ng nadadaanan ko ay hindi pamilyar sa akin, maraming nagbago at maraming natayong building sa nadadaanan ko.

I remember how my friends begged me to visit them every chance they get, but I always refuse and tell them na busy ako sa work and some errands. Minsan pa ay sila na ang pumupunta sa akin para maka-bonding nila ako.

They understand, somehow. Pero alam ko rin naman na they get annoy sometimes since they can't just always adjust for me.

"Yeah?" I answered my phone when it rang. "What's up? I'm driving."

"Pupunta ka nga dito? Legit?" I noticed the excitement in his voice. "Can we meet? Please."

I chuckled, "Yeah, sure, but I'll be available by seven in the evening, I guess."

"That's fine! Reschedule ko na lang ang date namin." He said.

"Hey, you lover boy ha, I haven't meet him yet." I teased him.

He sighed, I can guess that he rolled his eyes. "How can you? Eh, hindi ka naman pumupunta dito. When we got the chance to visit you naman is busy siya and was shy to face you. You look intimidating daw kasi."

"Well, I'll take that as a compliment." I chuckled.

I laughed on the other side, "Wait, you're driving right? Just message me later when you're available na. Drive safely!"

"Yeah, thank you."

I sighed after the call ended, realizing that I have some explaining to do with my friend.

After minutes of travel, I finally arrived at my destination. The exact place hasn't change, while the world around it seems to be moving too fast for it.

Just like me.

Bumaba ako sa kotse and I inhale the cold fresh air as the trees dancing with the winds. It's already five in the afternoon and the sun were already hiding and making the sky change its colors.

I inhaled deeply before getting the box on the passenger seat. Napansin ko naman agad ang kotse na nakaparada sa katapat ko, nandito na siya.

I walked through the alley as I watch and admire the scenery around me. It feel surreal that there hasn't so much changes around here.