V. The Dinner Party

"I CAN'T BELIEVE WE'RE ACTUALLY DOING THIS..." Rosalie comments as she helps make dinner for the witches.

"Come on, hun, you know what Alice saw in her vision," Emmett told her.

Rosalie just gives him a look.

"If those kids might become my priority one day," Carlisle walks past with a bowl of salad, "then I'd like to get to know them as would Esme. As should all of you."

"I don't see why we aren't telling Scarlett about said vision," Esme says as she walks over.

"I warned her in my own way," Alice told them, "but I'm not sure there is any way of changing what's going to happen this time."

Jasper was quiet thinking about Lyra outside waiting for Lyra. Thinking about how some of her coven were going to die... What if she dies? What if Alice just hasn't seen it yet? He couldn't imagine...

"Has anyone seen Jasper?" Carlisle asked.

"He's outside overthinking," Edward said as he played piano.

"Ah."

The car pulled up as Scarlett descended first to see the vampire that stood there waiting to greet them and escort one of them. "Jasper," she greets, "it's good to see you again."

"Miss Foxx," Jasper put out his hand and she shook it, "it's a pleasure to see you as well."

Lyra got out seeing Jasper, he looked handsome, his beach honey comb colored curly hair combed a bit to the side with a suit that matched him perfectly... She took a deep breath, Thea got out of the car next to notice him too, she gave Lyra a look.

"Don't even start or I take your voice box again," Lyra threatens.

Thea put up her hands in surrender.

As the rest of the witches got out, Jasper greets them all, hoping for a better outcome this time. "I would like to apologize for the scene I helped cause yesterday."

"No need to apologize when one of mine provoked you," Scarlett sent a look at Thea.

Thea just glares at Jasper but kept her mouth shut crossing her arms.

Jasper looks over at the conflicting Witch, walking over, before putting out his hand, "truce?" He asked.

Thea looked at the hand before groaning, "fine. Only because my Elder is making me," for some reason Jasper hits her the wrong way. She's not sure why.

She shook his cold hand.

"See, Lyra, told you they'd work it out," Xavier comments pulling her into the lime light.

Lyra just sighs, "thanks bestie."

"Yup."

Jasper finally looks at her as a grin crosses his face, he almost lost his jaw seeing her like this, all dressed up. And he knows (thank you Alice) that she got this dressed up just for him. He smiles and walks over to her.

"Come on," Scarlett sends a kind reassuring smile to Lyra as she looks at the others, "let's go introduce ourselves."

The rest of the coven follows their Elder inside.

Jasper waits till out of earshot from her family to say privately, "you look beautiful, darlin'."

"All these nicknames have nothing to do with your age, does it?" Lyra jokes sarcastically.

"Not at all, what gave you that impression?" Jasper wittily says back, "you're extremely anxious again," he points out.

"Oh sorry-"