Sober and happy - [Peter Criss x reader]

Finally.

Every stupid and bad things Peter did in his young years were now behind him forever, and this thanks to you. It's been so many years now that Peter was trying to feel better and by meeting you, he could finally be able to become and be sober.

But when and how did you two meet ? We'll need to go back in time for this..

2000•

Everything took place in 2000, during the Reunion era. Back then, you were a young girl who was working as a cleaner.

You didn't exactly know what was going on with the band but you kinda knew it wasn't doing good.

That day, as you were cleaning the corridors, you walked past Peter's and Ace's backstage room. You quietly stopped by the door and heard that one of them wasn't agree about something.

- No Ace, I'm not gonna drink! I don't want to.

- What a loser you are. It's just a shot of gin..

- I said no ! I'm trying to get sober again !

- Haha right, sober is when you don't drink!

- You're the one making me drink again..

- And you're so dumb that you do it.

Peter banged his fist on the table and got angry.

- BECAUSE YOU'RE FORCING ME TO !! I HATE YOU ! I WAS SOBER AND YOU GOT ME INTO IT AGAIN LAST YEAR,WHY EVEN AM I TRYING ?!

- You're not even trying, Peter.. you know you'll never get rid of it, I tell you.

You chose to stay near the door in case something would happen. You didn't know the two boys well but you cared about Peter. The drummer was so angry that his hand flew up in the air and landed hard on Ace's cheek.

- YOU.. YOU SHUT UP, THAT'S ENOUGH ! I'm done, I'm fucking done with you, Ace !

At this moment, you badly wanted to take Peter with you and help him, but you didn't, fearing of a possible unwanted reaction from him, so you just knocked on their door:

- Don't mind me boys, I'm just here to clean up a bit..

As you were starting to clean up, you suddenly turned to notice that Peter was looking at you, just like all the times you were coming to clean up around. Your cheeks blushed slightly and you just smiled at him softly, but Ace had to interrupt by handling him a cup:

- There, water.

You saw Peter grab the cup and take a sip of it, sip that he immediately spilled on Ace's face:

- WHAT IN THE WORLD, I TOLD YOU NO !!

- Oh c'mon Peter, it's not a little gin in water that will get you all drunk !

- I told you that I didn't wanna, DAMNIT !!

Your frowned and looked at Ace furiously :

- How dare you doing that ?! It's been couple years that Peter is trying to get sober and the only thing you do is sneak up some gin in his water ?!

- Oh c'mon miss diva, it's not like he really stopped drinking..

- I'm not MISS DIVA and wouldn't making fun of this if I were you, but I'm not you and thank god I'm not. I'm glad to have a functional brain.. see you later, and please Peter, take care of you.