CHAPTER THREE

Everytime I would close my eyes to try and sleep, the darkness would turn itself against me. I could see him, repeatedly wandering through my conscious mind. The young boy with blood spurting from his neck, mouthing the words 'You took the life of a guiltless and you will never forget my face or your actions. I will haunt you till the day you realise, you are the enemy.'  

Slamming a pillow from my bed into my face and pressing it down harshly, I let out a loud and muffled scream. My eyes were puffy and swollen, it was hard to read things or focus my mind. I had not slept a day ever since the execution of three days ago. I was so tired and so done with trying to rest, it was exhausting. 

I stopped screaming and removed the pillow off my face, placing it next to me on the bed. Slowly closing my eyes again and rolling onto my right side, facing the door. After a few minutes of quitness, there was the sound of a creaking door next to me followed by silent footsteps that approached my bed. My eyes opened slowly and I jumped up, pushing myself against the wall with my blanket squeezed between my hands. I look at the figure but it was too dark for me to recognise him. ''Sally.'' 

''Ty?'' I responded to the voice, recognising it immediately. I loosened the grip on my blanket and got up from the bed. My arms reach out for him and I pull him into a soft hug, snuggling my face into his chest. He stood with his arms to his side, not even hugging me back. ''Sally, we have to talk.'' His voice sounded concerned but also extremely irritated like I had done something wrong. We haven't spoken in three days, he brought me home and he left. We were supposed to go lunch at Grandies today but he did not show up. Grandma did give him keys to the house, just in case he ever needed to come in unnanounced. Tylas was my childhood friend, I had known him for nineteen years and he really made my life so much better. 

''What is it about?'' I let go of the hug and sat down on the edge of the bed, tapping beside me for him to sit down. With a tired look on my face I stare up at him and let out a deep sigh. He had his arms crossed and was glaring at me, his hand holding a scroll. ''When were you going to tell me?'' he questioned and threw the scroll onto the bed. ''When?!''

I was confused as this was something I had missed. There was no letter in today nor yesterday. ''I have not seen or read this at all Tylas, calm down'' I responded coldly while grabbing the scroll from my bed. There was a deer on the wax seal and the parchment paper had a glinster of gold on top. I lifted up the seal off and rolled out the scroll, scraping my throat and proceeding to read the following.

Dear Solandis Aerthales,

My name is James Blaeshert and I am the crown prince of Caharys, I want to inform you of a decision that the kings have made prior to this letter being written. Your presence has not gone unnoticed and I am writing this to you as a favor. When the sun goes up at the fifth day of the white moon, a carriage will come to pick you up. Be prepared to bring along your clothing and yourself. Might also want to bring along something to do when there is not much going around in our court. The kings have decided to bring you to Caharys to help with the healing of the tree of life. A process only you can do being the last one of your kind. My father intended to rob you from your home and your freedom but I have managed to convince him that by writing this letter you are more willing to come. Please, do not see us as enemies as we come in peace. But do not proceed to resist a faith that can not be undone.  My mages will await you at arrival to take you to our mage quarters.

 See in peace.

I closed the scroll and looked back up at Tylas. The fifth day of the white moon was today but the sun was still down, so that gave me little time to do anything else besides packing my bags or running far away. I was speechless looking down at the scroll, glancing over the words and mouthing them to myself. ''Ty, I did not know this..'' I said calmly and put it back next to me on the bed, my hand reaching out to him wiggling my fingers up and down. I was trying to cheer him up but my efforts were pointless as he turned his back to me and walked to the door of my bedroom.