SHOT 15

"So? That's it. I have noted down all the details. Don't worry, Sathvik and Devangana. I will make sure your big day is going to be memorable," Vedhika vowed.

"When Vedhika Yadav promises something, she will never fail to deliver it," Charan said as he walked towards the living room with Nilima and the elder Kashyap couple.

"You are spot on, Uncle," Vedhika grinned at Charan.

"And Devangana, the designer will be coming for the measurements in the evening. She will show you the catalogue too. Tell her your wishes. She will design accordingly," Vedhika said.

"I will. Thank you, Vedhika," Devangana said with a smile.

"No sorry and no thank you in friendship. You are Sathvik's wife, so you are our friend now," Vedhika said.

"Now nothing can save you, Devangana. Vedhika is going to be a pain. If she starts talking, she will never stop, even if you beg," Ishwar said in a loud conspiratorial whisper, earning a whack from Vedhika.

Tripti laughed.

"That's because you don't know my daughter. She hasn't come out of the shock yet. That's why she is so silent now," Tripti said.

"That's right. As far as I know, Devangana has made friends with the entire floor in the office," Sathvik said.

"Angana is perfectly capable of holding a conversation herself without much input from the other party," Ishaan added jokingly, earning a scowl from his sister.

"Oh God! Sathvik? You too have the same fate?" Ishwar asked in mock pity.

"What to do, Ishwar? If that is what destiny planned for me, I will have to live with it, right?" Sathvik played up his part.

Devangana placed her hands on her hips and turned to Sathvik with a scowl.

"Did I ask you to introduce me as your fiancée? Did I ask you to marry me? Did I ask you to play knight in shining armour out of the blue? No! I didn't. It was all you. Do you hear me? It was all YOU," Devangana said, poking Sathvik's chest with her index finger.

"Woah. Calm down, tigress. We were joking," Sathvik said, and he held her angry finger in his fist.

"See? This is what I told you. Don't fall for that innocent face," Tripti added in a teasing tone.

She felt good seeing Devangana back to her form.

Devangana was behaving unnaturally silent all along. And Devangana was never silent.

Devangana huffed in annoyance.

"Have fun at my expense. I am not the only one who got married today. Then why am I the only target?" Devangana complained.

"That's because Sathvik is shameless. We wouldn't get this reaction out of him if we tease him," Ishwar said, earning an eye roll from Sathvik.

"Mrs. Acharya... I mean, Mom, please tell me some embarrassing things about Sathvik ji too. I am sure my mommy won't stop once she opens Pandora's box," Devangana said, making a face at her mother.

"Definitely, Devangana. We will have a girls' night, and I will tell you all the details," Nilima agreed, earning a look of horror from her son.

"Okay, everyone. We need to get going. I have two parties to plan," Vedhika said.

"Two?" Charan asked in confusion.

"Yes, Dad. A cocktail party for the Acharya Group employees two days after the reception," Sathvik said, and Charan nodded.