Chapter 1

In a land far, far away exists a kingdom  known as Fiore. A small, peaceful nation with a population of seventeen million and a place filled with magic. Found in every home and sold in every market place, for some magic is a tool. A mundane part in every day life. For some, it's an art and they devoted their lives to its practice. These people are wizards.

However, there exists another place. A place lacking in mages and filled with monsters that constantly threaten the inhabitants of everyone within this environment. A place where the population of its inhabitants can now only be counted with a single hand. This was a place that most would describe as hell, but has birthed mages far stronger than most in Fiore. This place was filled with unknown horrors to the people of Fiore. It's wizards never knowing a single day of peace. This place was known by a selected few and it is called........

 This place was known by a selected few and it is called

........The Dark Continent.

~Flashback~
"A monster appeared out of nowhere one night. The locals of Hargeon are fearful due to the feeling of maliciousness emanating from the creature's mana alone. That is what the report said, but to ask for me specifically to deal with it seems like a bit much. Especially since it doesn't look like any damage was done to the ports here."

Currently, one man was seen walking down to one of the ports in Hargeon as he received a report of a dangerous monster washing up on shore. Though he found it suspicious that this task wasn't brought up by the residents of the port town. No, this mission came directly from the magic council themselves.

"This must be some kind of mistake. After all, i'm sure the citizens would've reported finding this so called monster and given us a description to go by. Yet this one wasn't even des-"

The old man stopped in his tracks the moment he felt this mana

The old man stopped in his tracks the moment he felt this mana. It was unlike anything he had sensed before. If he were to describe the mana of his guild members, it would be warm and welcoming. But this mana was the complete opposite. It was cold and malicious, leaving no room for someone else to approach any further.

"Incredible, the amount of mana being released is overwhelming. If I want to finish this beast quickly, I need to be on my guard. Now then, let's finish it off quickly an-"