Chapter 17: Why.

3rd POV

Having made his report to Jing Yuan, Y/N decided to just take a stroll around the Luofu, taking in the scenery of his beloved home.

Y/N: Ah, it's nice to be here. Exploring the galaxy is fun, but even I need to take breaks every once in a while. This place looks so nice, especially at night.

Y/N walks up to a food stall, barely being able to see over the counter.

Y/N: Yo, can I get two Berrypheasant Skewers?

Food Stall Owner: Sure!

The Food Stall Owner prepares the snacks and hands them to Y/N. Y/N pays for the food and walks off.

Y/N: Snack time!

Y/N opens his mouth to Kirby-size, and inhales all of the snacks, leaving just the skewers.

Y/N: Hehe, tasty...I want more snacks now.

Y/N proceeds to go around Central Starskiff Haven, buying snacks and drinks with money that he DEFINITELY did not take from the IPC.

Y/N: Hm...I wonder if they've noticed that I stole-I mean borrowed their money...

Elsewhere

Topaz: Aventurine, where the hell did half of the funds go?!

Currently, Topaz, one of the Ten Stonehearts and senior manager of the Strategic Investment Department was talking to one of her colleagues, a man named Aventurine. Topaz was not in a good mood, to say the least. The project that she was leading had lost half its funding out of nowhere. Topaz's partner, Numby, stood by her, trying to get her to calm down.

Aventurine: How should I know? I haven't been doing any hard gambles, and besides, you know I always win my gambles.

Topaz: Ugh, let me look through this!

Topaz sifts through some files on a computer, and comes across a new file.

Topaz: What's this...

Aventurine: Oh?

Topaz opens the file, and a recording begins to play.

Y/N: Hi Topaz! I'm assuming Topaz is listening anyways. Hey, Aventurine is probably here too, now that I think about it...Well, anyways, I wanted some money to buy snacks and stuff, and I didn't feel like getting a job. Robbing a bank is also too tiring. Soooooo, I hope you guys don't mind me borrowing some money! I just asked Silver Wolf to look through some files, take money from the least important-looking stuff, and then send it to me. Don't worry, I'll probably pay you back!

The recording ends, as Aventurine just stares smugly at the screen.

Aventurine: Well, looks like our little cat friend is responsible for the missing money.

...

Aventurine: Uh, Topaz?

Topaz:...GOD. DAMN IT. Y/NNNNNNNNNNN-

Aventurine: Oh dear...

Central Starskiff Haven

Y/N:...They definitely found out by now. Oh well!

Y/N gets a call from his phone, which he decides to pick up

Y/N: Hello, this is Y/N!

Topaz: Y/N, YOU SON OF A-

Y/N hangs up.

Y/N:...This is fine.

His phone rings again, and he picks it up.