nine

Luna laughs as soon as Lexa says it. "Very believable, the good girl murdered someone. They'll think we're threatening poor you."

"No, they won't. It is no secret to them that I'm capable of more sin than you could ever know."

Luna squints her eyes.

Either this teacher is absolutely batshit crazy, or there is more to the whole story than Luna originally assumed.

None of the questions she has have time to be answered, though.

All that matters right now is that for some reason, this girl thinks it's a better option for her to be a murderer than for Clarke or Luna to be one, which is insane, because Luna and Clarke both are already devils anyway, aren't they?

All that matters is that they're going to execute that teacher, and Luna can't let her die just yet, not when she's willing to die for Clarke and herself both.

Luna kneels besides the teacher. "I killed them."

"Please-"

"Be quiet. They can make their choice as to whom they would rather execute, and that is not in your power. I killed them."

The teacher is, in fact, quiet, until she says. "My name is Lexa."

"Luna."

"Emori," another voice suddenly says as a third woman takes her place next to the bodies, and covers herself in deep red blood. "I killed them."

Luna frowns, but before she can speak, she realizes that another group of women has followed Emori over from the tents, at least a dozen, the witnesses Luna was talking about killing just a few minutes ago. They all kneel, some unsure, some without hesitation, followed by, "I killed them."

Over and over again.

"I killed them."

"I killed them."

"I killed them."

"I killed them."

"I killed them."

"I killed them."

"I killed them."

"I killed them."

"I killed them."

"I killed them."

"I killed them."

"I killed them."

When it finally becomes quiet, Lexa speaks up hesitantly. "You can let the guards know it was me and it will count toward your behaviour points. You could be released early. You all witnessed, you can all benefit from this, you do not need to do this."

Emori looks Lexa up and down and then shakes her head. "You don't get to do this. You don't get to turn against the enemy and make us turn against each other."

"What? No-"

"Your friend was about to be assaulted. I do not know who killed these men, but that was self-defense and deserved. What do you think we're here for? I aborted a baby I didn't ask for."

"I refused a man in the tower the special services he requested," another woman down the line says.

"I was unable to get pregnant by my ex-husband."

"I stabbed the man who assaulted me."

"A friend showed me his dick and I told him to put clothes on."

"I hadn't yet gotten my period when I was married, and couldn't bear my husband the amount of children he was promised at the age he was promised."

"I reported my father for assault."