17

"Finally," Anastasia muttered as Filch begrudgingly let her and Jezelle leave the castle to go up to Hogsmeade. The last of the amber leaves fell softly, the cool temperature making them seem brighter, almost as if they were glowing.

"How old is that guy anyway? He looks like one good blow would turn him into dust," Jezelle grumbled.

Anastasia laughed as they walked along the familiar route. "I'm still pissed Malfoy refused to buy me a butterbeer. He can afford to buy the whole quidditch team new brooms, and can't even spare a few Galleons for the less fortunate!"

Jezelle raised an eyebrow at her. "When you say 'less fortunate,' do you mean yourself? Because I know we can both hear those Galleons in your pocket."

Anastasia rolled her eyes. "So? Why would I spend money when I know someone else can buy it for me? Besides, it won't even make a scratch in their vault. Heck, they probably have three vaults."

"You could always get Mattheo to buy it for you."

"Oh yeah, he offered."

"And you said no? Why?"

"'Cause he still doesn't know who I am, silly! Me and Theo are just having a bit of fun with him, you know? It won't do any harm."

"Have you at least talked to him in real life? Or are you still too nervous?"

"Well technically-"

"And no - scolding him doesn't count."

Anastasia flushed slightly. "No, I was going to say I technically did talk to him, but it was more of... I dunno, argumentative flirting?"

Jezelle grinned. "Argumentative flirting? How does that even happen?"

Anastasia hid her face in her hands. "It was late at night and... well he did most of it. And then he kissed my hand! And some lady in a portrait thought were dating, which was so embarrassing, and-"

"Woah woah woah, slow down. Tell me. Everything." Jezelle cut off her frantic explanation, noticing how she was trying so hard to hide her blush.

Anastasia recounted the events of the night in detail, from the way he had looked at her, down to how he had bowed dramatically and taken her hand, even the way he had wrapped his arm around hers.

It was pathetic how much she thought about it, but she finally had someone to let it all out too.

Jezelle was being their number 1 fangirl, squealing softly every time she found something cute, which was most of the time. By the time Anastasia had finished her story, she was completely red, hiding behind her hair, walking into Hogsmeade.

"Butterbeer?" Jezelle offered.

"I think I'm hot enough right now, thanks," Anastasia murmured.

"Want me to throw some mud at you? It could cool you down," Jezelle smirked.

"I'll take away house points," Anastasia threatened.

"Yeah, right. Besides, we're in Hogsmeade, can you even do that?"

Anastasia frowned. "Wait- can I?"

"Probably not. But I've been meaning to get some sugar quills for a while now. Someone went through all of mine not too long ago." Jezelle said, giving Anastasia a look.

"Well, I was on my period," Anastasia said stubbornly.

"Whatever! Just get your own, cause next time I am not sharing."

"You're so mean."

"I know."

•◦ ◦•