Chapter 20

The waiter arrives with two fancy bottles of wine, some glassware, and a corkscrew, ready to pour and serve the guests at the table.

"There's no need to pour this bottle; it's mine alone." Athena hugged the bottles in her arms happily, ignoring the look the waiter and Lucifer were giving her.

She had been waiting for this moment to enjoy her favorite wine in peace, and she wasn't going to let anyone stop her.

From the original owner's memory, there is no memory related to drinking, which means she and Lucifer never drank together, so it's a relief.

She just reached out and prepared to open the bottle when a veiny-looking hand snatched the bottles away. She glared at Lucifer with the face 'How dare you steal my wine' pasted on it.

"Can you handle alcohol?" Lucifer asked, making sure she knew the consequences of drinking.

"Of course I can!" She snatched the bottle from Lucifer's hand and spoke confidently but with a defensive tone.

Seeing how confident she is, Lucifer just lets her be, minding his own business while still watching her antics.

Afraid that someone might snatch her bottles, Athena quickly brought the bottle to her mouth and took a big gulp, hoping to prove her ability to handle alcohol. As the liquid burned down her throat, she tried to maintain her composure, determined not to show any signs of weakness in front of Lucifer.

'Weird, does the wine in this world differ from her past life'

In her past life, she liked to drink wine before sleeping, but the wine was never this strong. But Athena doesn't know that in her past life, her parents secretly changed the wine in the house to a milder one because her parents once found her passed out drunk on the floor during their anniversary party.

Lucifer saw her eyes go bright and watery as the alcohol seeped into her system, and she had drops of alcohol on her lips that gleamed in the dark of the private room.

The effect of the wine was so strong that she saw that there were three lucifers in front of her. As she struggled to focus, Athena's mind began to blur, and her thoughts became disjointed. The room spun around her as she tried to make sense of the hallucinations brought on by the potent wine.

With a silly smile, she asked, "Lucifer, do you have twins? Why don't you tell me you invited them?" facing the so-called twin, she handed the bottles and said, "Comes, let's drink together."
The so-called twin of Lucifer chuckled at Athena's confusion, taking the bottle from her hand. He chuckled and poured a glass for himself. 

Athena watched in fascination as he raised the glass to his lips, mirroring her previous actions perfectly. Athena watched as a drop of alcohol flowed down from his mouth to Adam's apple, causing her to question the reality of the situation even more. Watching Lucifer's face makes her recall some bad memories.

Remembering the content of the book, Athena bawled her eyes out. She tries to speak, but she can't stop crying again.

Lucifer just watches her amusedly, waiting for her to form words.

Athena faces Lucifer seriously with tears streaming down her cheeks, finally managing to choke out, "Are you going to throw me away for her? Am I annoying?" Lucifer's smirk faded as he looked at her with a hint of confusion in his eyes before replying with a question: "Where do you get that idea from?"

Ignoring his question, she said sadly, "If you're going to throw me away, can you send me back to my parents? Please don't kill me. I will not disturb your life with her."

She laid her face on the table sideways and closed her eyes to sleep without waiting for his response.

Lucifer frowns at her words, wondering why she suddenly talks randomly. Is there someone threatening her without his knowledge? He knows for sure that the mafia is well hidden from her, so who could it be?

I watched her sleep while thinking that she was hiding something from him. Then he suddenly remembered the number that he asked River to trace. He is determined to find the culprit because, for sure, he hides her existence very well from the mafia.

He reached out and patted her on the shoulder, calling, "Athena, let's go."

A few tries later, and still no response. He pursed his lips and stood up to walk around to her seat. One hand reached under her knee, while the other hand placed itself beneath her upper body, effortlessly lifting her.

The waiter followed and opened all the doors to the car for them. As he settled her into the car, he nodded subtly at the waiter.

He starts the engine and drives off to 'their' house.

The person in the passenger seat suddenly woke up and said, "Where are the drinks? You stole it." Then you began to move around the seat, looking for the wine bottles.

Lucifer glared at her and said, "Sit properly."

Athena sulks at his tone while pointing her finger at his face. "How dare you scold me. My papa never scolded me before. I hate you!"

As she spoke, her voice trailed off, then she passed out again.

Lucifer barely hears the I hate you from her, but he can tell that her words make him feel something.
Arriving at the villa, he shook her shoulder. "Were back"

"Carry *hiccup* me" She said, stretching her hand to Lucifer. Sighing, Lucifer got up to open the passenger door and carry her like a koala while one hand supported her butt while the other supported her back from falling. She simply clung to him, burying her face in the crook of his neck while sniffing him.

Lucifer, just let her do whatever she wants while opening the front door.

He tried to put her on the sofa, but she clung to him even more tightly while slurring random words. Lucifer chuckled softly, realizing she was completely drunk and would probably not remember any of this in the morning like the other day.

"Lucifer put me down. I'm hungry." He placed her down, but as soon as he did, she ran towards the kitchen and started running around the island, searching for food.

Lucifer relaxes on the sofa while closing his eyes to rest for a while.

"Luci" Lucifer opened his eyes at the sudden nickname. He watches as Athena's head emerges from the kitchen door, looking at him sadly with a cute pout. "Luci, there's no food for me."

She dashed out of the kitchen and jumped on Lucifer's lap, like a potato sack. Athena's face lights up with a smile as she snuggles closer to him, feeling the warm temperature from his body radiating onto her own. Lucifer chuckles softly, letting her do her thing.

He ignores her antics and texts River about the information he needs about the person who sent her a threat that makes her think he's going to kill her.

By the time he finishes texting, Athena has fallen asleep while burying her face in his stomach, her breathing steady and peaceful. 

__________________________________

Toodles will see you next week on a random day when I'm not busy, but I will inform you guys when~~