1. unexpected travels

1.
unexpected travels

Alycia's POV

"Hey girl, what's up!" I screech into the phone when I pick it up. My legs stepping one foot in front of the other.

      "Hi miss girly pop! Whatcha up to?" My best friend, Laurel asks on the other end of the phone. 

     "About to get into an uber. Why? What's up?" I answer. I stop walking, letting go of my suitcase and bag.

     "Oh why? Where you going? Aussie?" Laurel asks, typing of computer keys comes through from the other end once she's spoken. I tilt my head, furrowing my brows.

     "Yeah, I'm heading back to Australia."

     "Well what if, I don't know, you don't?"

    "What?" The uber driver comes around his car. A small smile flashes across his lips as we lock eyes briefly. I smile back politely, nodding at him while keeping the phone to my ear. He reaches out, gesturing towards the luggage. I nod and mouth "thank you" but he only nods and takes a hold of my stuff.

     "What if I tell you, there's an all paid exclusive summer beach house set up just for you for 3 and a half months!" Laurel exclaims into the phone finally. My eyes grow wide.

     "What!" It comes out so effortlessly. Breathlessly. I get into the backseat of the car. The driver still placing my stuff into the trunk. "Laurel, what do you mean?"

     "Exactly what I just said pookie!" Laurel shouts into the phone. She's loud. Loud enough for me to have to pull the phone from my ear and squeeze my eyes shut for a brief moment. "I was supposed to go with the fam but some last-minute stuff came up with everyone, so we cancelled. And we didn't want the beach house to go to waste so I threw your name around and my parents agreed."

    "Agreed I go just go and stay there for summer?"

    "YEP!" She shouts again. I squeeze my eyes shut, the uber driver getting into the driver's seat when I open my eyes. I turn my head, glancing out the window. My eyes watching trees and people pass by as the car slowly starts. "So will you go?"

    I stare at everything. I bite my lip, resting my head against the seat. It feels like time stops and my chest heaves up and down. It's noticeable I'm sure from the light blue sundress I have on, my chest is exposed but covered. What needs to be covered is.

      "It's the same beach house you've been with me before about 4 or 5 years ago."

     "Damn it-" I whisper, into the phone. Instantly I lean up and look at the uber guy. He's glancing back at me through the rearview mirror. "Can you actually take me to the East Lands Resort? I'll pay for the extra distance."