Chapter 2 The Idiots

A Day Later:

Cora and Dex rushed to the empty spot where Tribeca's stone cottage and wooden shed once stood.

Griffin trailed behind. He winked at women and located the clearing in the woods.

Tribeca's once thriving garden vanished before their eyes, and nothing of her old life remained. 

"Tribeca can't be dead." Sounds pounded in Cora's chest for anyone close enough to hear.

So, her husband, Griffin, heard nothing.

"She's fine." Dex kneeled on the broken earth to pray. Dried mud flaked off his tunic, and he spoke to Cora. "Tribeca survived. Her house and garden will appear to her where she needs it."

"Griffin, find Blackstone, please?" Wendy begged. "He can help Tribeca when she comes out of hiding."

"Can't you spy everywhere that doesn't have walls?" Griffin asked.

Dex clutched his fist and paced while he talked. "Griffin, you idiot! You've worked with Wendy for three years and didn't bother to learn anything about her powers and limitations."

"Why? Her life doesn't have anything to do with me. You're just jealous because I married the woman you want." Griffin tried to reach for Cora.

She pulled away and didn't speak to him.

Dex sighed. "Wendy's consciousness can only be in three places at once, and she usually has to call people. Griffin, I used to think you were smart. The way you destroyed my life was well played, but I realized you had help because you're lazy and possibly the dumbest man I've ever met."

"Why look up worthless information when I have powers?" Griffin smirked.

"Had powers," Wendy said. Her arm reached from the sky and she shook her fist. "Cora, if you had been a better sister, I would've warned you not to marry this loser. He helped kill Blackstone."

"Hey!" Griffin stuck his tongue out. "I didn't kidnap Blackstone for Petunia. There shall only be one ruler, my wife. Can you help her gain power?"

"Cora isn't worthy yet," Wendy answered. "And she has no support to co-rule with Petunia."

Cora started to walk off, but she turned back to talk to Griffin. "You only act like my husband when you can get something out of it. I've started annulment proceedings."

"What?" Griffin asked. "But why?"

"I caught you kissing Queen Izz on our wedding day, and this is the first time I've seen you in a year." Cora walked away.

Griffin chased after her. "But you didn't see that, did you?"

Broadcast:

Queen Petunia's brothers appeared in full royal uniform, sitting next to Izz, The Lower Labradorite Queen. She tossed her dark hair back, revealing a violet-colored neck.

A shrill narrator dumped worthless information that the villagers and townsfolk didn't want to hear. "Though there is gossip that Petunia is Victor's youngest daughter, it isn't true. Nor did she freeze her, eggs, but she used magic to birth her lovely princess."

Prince Thackeray's muscles peaked through his pressed silk shirt, strawberry-colored lips smiled underneath his trimmed beard, and his dark hair contrasted with his brother's mop of blond strands.

"Prince Victor didn't need a crown of silver decorated with gems, but he wore one," the narrator said. "But he needs to shave."

"Will you shut up!" Thackeray cracked his knuckles. "Blackstone is missing, and we need to find him."