Introduction/Aesthetics

1927. Young women are thriving with their newfound independence and having fun.

Except that isn't the case for free spirited Brooke Dashwood. Being an heiress to a wealthy company run by her overbearing and temperamental father, she must live by three simple rules.

No loose relationships. No listening to the 'devil's' music. And no rebellious behavior of any kind. Feeling trapped in a high society world while trying to be the girl her family expects, she's destined to break free and live the life she always longed to taste by becoming what she's dreamed of.

A flapper and dancer.

For choreographer Julian Alveres—Brooke's best friend and secretly the man she's been in love with, he has nearly done it all struggling to make ends meet. But when he's presented by Brooke to show her the ways of living life on the edge, while also protecting her at all costs from the realities of it—he strives to be better himself.

Both wanting similar futures and trying to pull away from their undeniable attraction to each other, they'll get exposed to a bigger world that neither of them ever knew.

Brooke Dashwood—19

Julian Alveres—20

TW: Brief mentions and scenes of abuse and racial issues 

*DISCLAIMER: Trust me, it will NOT be extreme by any means guys, I promise! But like I've said before in my other books, this is set in 1927. Some things and instances were acceptable back then and the accuracy will be displayed, but I will not go into too much details on them. All I ask though for my AMAZING readers is to PLEASE PLEASE be kind and respectful about it when it comes across. 

COPYRIGHT 

©️2024 AuthorKatherineRose. All Rights Reserved. No part of this book may not be reproduced, displayed, stored, or distributed without written permission. If you see my work on any other websites aside from Wattpad, please let me know.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Third time my friends we are here and let me say to all readers new and old, WELCOME! I'm Katherine! I write all of the 'The Roaring Twenties' series (A Perfect Harmony, A Perfect Match), where we dive into the lives of individuals trails of finding themselves and love with the glamorous and inspiring backdrop of 1920-1929 Los Angeles. All of these are standalones, so please feel free to read them in or out of order.  *whispers* Since you're already on this page, how about we start with this one? :)

  *whispers* Since you're already on this page, how about we start with this one? :)