Gingerbread House

Wednesday finally arrived, and it was the moment Maeve had been waiting for

Wednesday finally arrived, and it was the moment Maeve had been waiting for. It was 2:52 p.m., and Maeve had just gotten dressed in an outfit she bought from Ross. She wore dark blue tight jeans, a yellow turtle-neck short-sleeved shirt, a light brown sweater, and light brown sandals. Her hair was tied up since she and Treyton would make gingerbread houses. 

While looking at her reflection, the memory of Stephen tried to come to mind. However, the young woman tried hard to fight it off; she wanted to be strong. To get her mind away from her ex, Maeve decided to get her Google Maps ready by putting the address of the location; it was located in Norwalk. There was a bit of traffic since many kids were still leaving school, so she thought it would be best to get an early start.

Maeve exited her home, got into her car, and drove toward her destination. While driving, she couldn't help but feel anxious and excited. Treyton looked polite and understanding, but she wondered if he wanted to do these activities for her or to get on her good side. She shook her head, trying not to think negatively. As expected, there was a bit of traffic on the freeway, but there was only an eight-minute delay. After the delay was over, she could get through the road quickly. 

While on the road, it was noticeable that many people were beginning to decorate their houses since it was a few days before December. Maeve thought she wouldn't enjoy the current year's holidays, but Treyton gave her hope. She eventually arrived at her destination: Excelsior High School. The high school was no longer active in taking in students, but it was used for award ceremonies and other events for the different schools in the area. The school was once used to film the movies Grease 2, High School USA, and Square Pegs. The building was tall with a peanut shade of brown as its color. The front lawn was green and trimmed; there were trees on each side of the lawn. On the left side of the building was a track and field where high school graduations would occur. On the right side of the building was the adult school.

Maeve was able to find some street parking since the school's parking lot was full. When she exited her car, she noticed that people were waiting by the high school's auditorium. By the closed doors, two large handmade signs said, 'Free Baking Class!' Maeve looked at her phone, and it was 3:25 p.m. She arrived early and thought it would be best to wait outside until Treyton arrived. A large, strong hand covered her eyes five minutes into waiting, making Maeve flinch and yelp. "Guess who?"

"T-Treyton!" Maeve felt her heart beating in anxiety by the sudden action and surprise. Treyton uncovered her eyes, and she turned behind her. Treyton stood behind her with an amused smile. "You almost gave me a heart attack!"

"Sorry about that. I couldn't resist; I had to do it." He motioned out his arms, looking proud. "Well, you should be glad that I arrived early. Good thing I did, or I wouldn't been able to find parking." Treyton noticed that the auditorium's doors were opened by an older woman who looked to be in her mid to late fifties. "It seems they are going to let us in. Shall we?" He asked while motioning out his right hand.

A Mate for ChristmasOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara