Chapter 23

A/N: Wellllllll......cat's outta the bag and our girl is PREGNANT! WHOO!!!! Baby thoughts and predictions, things you want to see with the baby? Let me know!

Chapter Text

When Sandra Westgate reported for her mission, she still had a rather girlish smile on her face. Meg wasn't sure if it was because she had taken Meg's words to heart and had actually gone and spent time with a man. Either way, she needed Westgate focused as hell for this.

"I know you seem happy—" Meg sucked in a breath. "And I'm glad for you. But when you're here, you need to be here, 100%. Do whatever you want in your downtime, but the focus needs to stay here," Meg said, sliding the file across to Sandra.

"Understood, ma'am." Sandra's gaze locked onto the papers, a frown slipping on her face. "I'm being sent to France?" She practically choked on the words.

"In a few months, yes. Right now, we're going to be building your cover and connecting you with the agents we already have there. Part of my former ring, actually," Meg explained.

Sandra squared her shoulders, letting out a slight breath. "Alright. I can do it."

"I know that you can, Sandra. For a while, you'll just go back and forth. I'm told that you speak French?"

"Fluently."

"What about German or Dutch?"

"Not as well, I'm afraid."

"Well we have time," Meg let out a breath. "You'll work with me every day on the language skills so that you won't even blink when and if you have to respond in Dutch or German."

Sandra gave a nod. "Yes, ma'am."

"And Sandra?"

"Yes?"

"I'm glad you're relaxed. Us girls have to have our fun where we get it. Was he nice?"

Sandra gave a slight blush. "I only gave him my number. It wasn't like that, or—not quite, anyways."

Meg just grinned at her. "Well I hope he calls you. How'd you meet?"

"We were in the same adjoining rooms. Roommates, if you will," Sandra said, easily slipping into the conversation with a smile. "He's very respectful and has a great sense of humor. We went dancing, actually."

"I used to love dancing," Meg admitted quietly. "I haven't been in years."

"You should go again. After all, you're the one that said we have to get our fun when we can."

"Hmm...as a married woman, probably not."

"WHAT?!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That first night in the camp was a hellish relief from the grim landscape of the frontlines in Germany. Bucky was practically dead on his feet by the time that Buck and the others had gotten to him—all with varying levels of horrified expression on their faces.

To his relief, he found that most of the men were there. Buck, DeMarco, Brady, Hambone, Crank, Murph, Sully—though Sully was separated and placed in a different cabin because of his identity as a Jewish American. Evidently, Alex and all of his guys had ended up in the camp too—so that put Charlie and Warren in the cabin with the others. But Alex was with Sully and it was a grim reality that they were given less food, treated more poorly than the rest, and generally tortured for more information.

And it was in that lens that Bucky came to find out why Alex Lewis evidently hated him. And it had everything to do with religion and lack of morals. Buck had relayed the information to him—because apparently Alex had no problem with Buck enough to gossip as to why he didn't like Bucky Egan.