Chapter 14 Bushes

Y/N POV 

Y/N POV 

I would never complain about Mr.Ino again. He was like a fairy godmother compared to Mr. Toji. If I thought Mr.Toji's tough exterior was hiding a soft personality on the inside then I was wrong. He was just as tough on the inside as he was on the outside. I would never switch Mr. Ino for Mr. Toji as my teacher. 

Mr.Toji's lesson had been long forcing me to write down multiple pages of notes. I didn't even know if I would use these notes again but I didn't want the teacher to assume I was slacking. He would ask questions during his lesson calling out a student to answer the question. If you took too long to answer or answered wrong he would chunk a piece of chalk at you. This wasn't a normal throw these chalk pieces were flying at you 100mph.

There were five marks on my forehead where I had gotten questions wrong. I wasn't even able to dodge them like other students had. At the end of the lesson, everyone was giving me a pitiful look. If only the lesson was the worst of my worries. 

Now that classes were over Mr.Toji had mandatory training for all of us. The goal of the training was to hide our curse energy to work on our stealth. We were playing hide or seek with Mr.Toji being the seeker. If he found you he would punch you. We were on our third round of this game so I had already received two punches to my gut. Each hit had knocked the wind out of my lungs. No surprise when Gojo won both rounds. 

We were twenty minutes into our third round. I was impressed with myself since I hadn't been found yet. Every ounce of my concentration was being put into hiding my curse energy. I was hiding inside of a bush hoping it wasn't too obvious of a place to look. Each round was only thirty minutes so if Mr.Toji didn't find me then I would win. 

My stomach clenched when the leaves of the bush started to rustle. A figure flopped down next to me. I only relaxed when I saw they were in a school uniform. I wanted to pat myself on the back for not letting my curse energy slip while being frightened. 

Megumi had been the one to fall into my hiding place. There was a deep red coating his face and his breath was hystric. When he turned to me I could see that the pupil of his dark blue eyes were blown almost making his eyes black.

"Are you okay Megumi?" I asked

Megumi didn't answer he just flopped back on the ground. He looked peaceful as he closed his eyes and tried to calm his breathing. I stayed silent not wanting to ruin his peace. It didn't matter to me why he was here as long as he kept hiding his curse energy so we wouldn't get caught. We had to be silent for a while I was certain we would only have about five minutes left to hide. I slightly smiled at the thought of winning against Mr.Toji.

"I hate that man" 

Megumi's words whipped the smile from my face. I was confused about who he was talking about but I could only assume who.

"You hate Mr.Toji?" I asked

Megumi just nods his head.

"I get that he's kind of a psycho. Mr. Ino would never hit us like Mr.Toji does. Why would they allow him around students? He should never be around any kids-" 

"He's my dad," Megumi said interrupting my monolog

I should have been shocked but part of me guess that. They both had similar features also I caught Mr. Toji looking at him during class. Then it crossed my mind I had just been bad-mouthing a father to his son. 

"I am sorry. I shouldn't have said those awful things about him" I quickly said as my face burnt from embarrassment

Megumi laughed. At first, I thought I was hearing stuff until I heard him laugh again. I was frozen in shock.

"You didn't say anything that wasn't true Y/n. I felt the same way about him as well" I could feel Megumi's eyes on me but I was still too embarrassed to look at him. I kept my eyes toward the ground "He's just as bad a father as he is a teacher. Hell I've stayed with the Gojo family since my mother passed and my sister was hospitalized" 

He tried to sound nonchalant but I could hear the hurt in his words. I finally looked at him and he was staring at me. Those eyes looked so familiar because I had seen them before. They looked just like my own there was so much pain behind them. The pain of losing your family. The pain of the only family you have left is a piece of shit. 

My heart broke for Megumi. I reached out taking his hand into my own. He squeezed my hand back.

Gasp

The bush we were hiding was ripped from the ground. I closed my eyes from the dirt that fell from the ripped roots. 

"Well isn't this cute-" Mr. Toji's voice penetrated my soul "-I didn't know you were fooling around the L/n clan's little brat"

Megumi pulled my still-connected hand making sure I was behind him. He was trying to shield me from his father. This only made his dad laugh.

"That pussy must be good if you are protecting her like that," his father said in between laughs

"Shut the hell up" Megumi shouted

I could see that Mr. Toji was enjoying the reaction he was getting out of Megumi. There was a fear Mr. Toji would target me now to get to Megumi. 

The sound of a blowhorn cut through the tension. This was the signel to end the game but neither male moved. I wonder if Megumi could bet his father in a fight. I doubt it. 

"You two should get back to the group," Mr. Toji said as he walked away

Megumi didn't relax until his father was out of sight. Even then he wouldn't let go of my hand. He was looking down at his feet I knew that look of shame.

"Your dad is an ass" 

Megumi looked up at me in shock then he laughed. That laughter made me feel warm and I joined in. 

"Thanks Y/n. I'm sorry for everything he said" Megumi muttered

"It's fine his words mean nothing to me-" My skin was tough after years of insults from my aunt "-those words would only hurt coming from someone like you. A person I care for." 

"You care for me" Megumi's eyes were wide with shock

it only made me laugh "Of course. You are important to me"

Megumi looked away from me but I could have sworn his ears were red. He began to walk our hands were still connected so I was dragged behind him. 

"We should get back to everyone" he mutters

As we walked I tried to take my hand back a couple of times to no avail. It's not that I wanted to stop holding hands I just didn't want certain people to see. Just like I predicted multiple people were glaring at Megumi as we walked up to the rest of the students. The main person glaring was of course Gojo but I was surprised to see Yuji and Junpei also glaring at Megumi. I didn't have a good feeling about this.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

AUTHOR'S NOTES

I HATE THE HEAT 🥵🥵🥵

SEE YOU IN THE NEXT CHAPTER ❤️STAY SAFE❤️

❤️STAY SAFE❤️