Chapter 5 - The Hero

"So now that I have both of you on board, let's discuss business." Sam and I closely listen in, as Kyle starts speaking in more of a serious tone. "My goal, the essence of why I became a Dreamer, is to unite the whole city as one." Sam and I look at each other in visible shock. Saying something as ambitious as that is unheard of in this city, and the reason I say that is because trying to unite the city as one is impossible. Too many of these groups have rules that conflict each other, some even have long lasting rivalries dating back to decades. I blurt out "But why, that's an uphill battle!" Kyle replies back "I know, there's a good chance of me not winning that battle. Even still, I would hate myself if I never tried." Sam questions his remark "What's your reasoning for wanting to do this?" "I'm honestly tired of all this fighting. Once I retire from this gang, my sister's going to be the next generation's leader of DeadStone. It'll be just an endless cycle of fighting and hatred. I want everyone in this city to live in peace." Kyle then stands up, looking at both of us with resolve in his eyes "To do that I need power, strength."

"Our end goal is taking down the "unrivaled 4"." The "unrivaled 4" Kyle is referring to are the 4 strongest gangs in the city. They have the strongest fighters and had major influence in this city's political landscape compared to the smaller groups. Each "unrivaled 4" group resides in different districts in the city. The city's main districts are divided into 5 parts, The West, North, East and central all have an "unrivaled 4" gang in them. There are no gangs south of the city due to high law enforcement. Sam,Kyle and I are from the north district, the gang Marley resides in. Unlike the other "unrivaled 4" gangs, Marley doesn't stick their noses into other group's business unless it affects Marley personally.

I couldn't even bear the thought of going up against Marley. I thought about speaking out about this outrageous proposition Kyle just made but I laid still. Somewhere in my heart, it felt like I had wanted this, that I was excited after hearing what Kyle just said. Sam breaks the silence by asking Kyle a question "Where do we start? There's no way you and DeadStone can fight Marlee with only 50 members." While Kyle's gang is formidable, I don't believe they would be able to last against the likes of Marley with 800 fighters in their rankings. "My plan is to ally ourselves with the other factions in the north district. That's where DeadStone's secret division finally comes in.

You guys are going to be the one who makes all the connections and talks between DeadStone and the other factions." I responded "But why don't you just have your guys do it instead of us?" Kyle replies back "While Marley doesn't get into others business, they usually make moves at future threats. I want all talks and alliances kept in secret so that Marley won't get suspicious. Since no one knows about Znyder, you two are pretty much ghosts in their radar." Sam lets out a yawn "Alright so what's next?" Kyle lets out a laugh "Haha, don't worry Sam I won't give you anymore lectures. Let's start talking about the first gang I want you two to meet."

We show up at the location where we're supposed to meet up with Ellington's leader. The street is known to be a big market place for many of the locals here in the north district. While this area is owned by a gang, the shopping district is seen as a gang neutral area, meaning, any gang is allowed to roam freely in the shopping district. "Where da hell is dis guy? Maybe if u guys weren't so late coming here, we could have been dun with da mission already." Kyle had Joseph tag along with us for extra safety and to build team chemistry but it hasn't been going that well with the team building part. I angrily replied back with "I could say the same for you Joseph, since you were the one who declined Kyle's offer to use the motorbikes. Maybe you're chicken?" Joseph lashes back "Wat did you say! Isn't your whole fighting style based off of being a chicken!" Before I could reply back Sam steps in and tries to stop the arguing "Look guys, fighting isn't going to get us anywhere. We're all on the same team here. Let's go look for Alwyn."

We keep walking for approximately another 30 minutes before hearing a loud commotion going on from a couple blocks away. There was a crowd surrounding the scene, the three of us find out that there's a fight between two gangs. I recognized one of the uniforms, it looked like 3 members of the Lawrenzo gang going up against 4 members of new 'donia. Fights like these are common in the shopping district due to the gang-neutral rules in this area. Joseph starts to roll up his sleeves "I'm stepping in, I can't risk da innocent people in dis shopping district getting hurt!" I put a hand on his shoulder to convince him to stop "Joseph wait! Don't forget about the mission. We can't let people know we're here! We can't do anything that reveals our position." "Man shut up! Just because u are a part of DeadStone now doesn't mean you're my boss. Kyle might trust you but I don't!" Just before Joseph goes in and joins the fight, we see a figure fly right over the crowd and right in between the two gangs. He's extremely well known around these parts, standing at around 5 foot 7, with a messy bowl cut covering his eyes. We could immediately tell that it was the leader of one of the north's districts biggest gangs. The king of Ellington, "The Hero: Alwyn Angeles!"