Chapter 2 : Genesis

Chapter 2
GENESIS

...

Snafu finds himself in an unexpected predicament, he has crashed into some building. Now this situation would usually be a normal day in the office as just another day of CIA shenanigans, but the problem is, he was literally driving on a clear road just seconds before.

“What the- what the fuck happened?!”

Snafu quickly gets out of the destroyed vehicle, getting his bag off and taking a good view of the outside, and it did not help his situation.

He saw smoke and fires everywhere, broken buildings and ruined roads, but that wasn't the worst part, a cacophony of terrible sounds echoed throughout the city. His ears picked up distant screams, screams of both anger and suffering, but there was more, he heard chanting, the words “reunion” repeated over and over in the distance, making it seem like there was a rally going on. He checks his phone and other communication devices he had, trying to connect with anyone or anything but all attempts failed.

A single phrase rang through his mind, a very familiar phrase that is very close to him, now and  back when he was part of the Corps.

“Situation Normal: All Fucked Up.” 

Snafu quickly unpacks his bag and quickly equips a modified suppressed MP5 complete with a holographic sight and holsters a SIG P226 in his belt as a sidearm.

Walking the streets of the unknown city was thrilling for Snafu, it was both terrifying and exciting as this is something he could have never predicted. Maneuvering in the unknown is something he was trained and experienced at, his specialty so to speak,
“If this turns out to be the effect of a drug or a new mind manipulation device, I swear to God I'll fucking lose it.” 

He sighs, it was no use thinking how he got here, first he needs to know where he is. Snafu enters a house near the place where he crashed, he first cleared out the rooms of the house before investigating deeper. 

““Man, where the fuck am I?””  

He searches the house, opening desks and drawers.
““Tch, looks like these guys cleared almost everything before leaving.”” 

After finding almost nothing, he searches the only place he hasn't checked yet. Snafu opens the lid to a trash can, the smell almost makes him recoil in disgust. Blasting profanities at the trashcan while searching it, he finally finds a crumpled up piece of newspaper.

“Shit, here we go, finally.”
He un-crumples the newspaper to see its contents.
“The hell? What kind of fucked up Russian is this?”
As an agent, he knew multiple languages, Russian being one of them, still this has to be the most weirdly worded, accented and grammared version he saw of the language. He flipped through multiple pages, looking for actual useful information, eventually finding what he needed.

Today is another day to show your dedication and loyalty! Two days ago more Reunion forces were spotted amassing at the slum sides of Chernobog!  Our great agents and Intelligence informs us that they plan on an uprising in the city! They plan to hurt, kill and destroy our culture! As comrades in arms, we should not let them take over our proud city! Join the Ursus Army and show those filthy infected parasites what they deserve!
Glory to Ursus! 

Snafu was beyond confused,
“What the fuck is an Ursus?”
He quickly scans the page, getting more and more uneasy, he flips to the next, revealing something that would make even the most jaded agents faint in shock. There were pictures of people, animal people.
“What kinda fashion-, wait.”
Snafu flips more pages, more pictures of the same animal people, more mentions of Ursus, Chernobog and Reunion, he was losing it, also the year written in the newspaper was 1096 which did not help at all.