32. GOSH GOSH

CHAPTER 32
GOSH GOSH

On board the migrant ship, warm sickly drinks dosed with a strong alcohol content greeted the returning party. A small gesture by Sennai, but one that mattered a lot to all concerned. Zero now packed the empty time in conversation with squeaks from his joints and was escorted back to Tzkk's loading bay by a member of the maintenance crew. The omnipotent chicken-creature lingered aboard with his Eggkraft remaining resolutely un-fixable. Yelyah, quiet and uncommunicative, willingly returned to her sickbay sanctuary.

The two security robots hummed away for a herbal oil bathe and recharge.

Gosh Bordomm accompanied Sennai and Taroooc to the bridge.

On the positive, Sennai had secured his PPO, plus a gossamer cape of pure Ireenium, and yet he appeared puzzled, as if unable to recall how events unfolded to deliver this dubious guardian to his ship. Figuring out what to do with the gloss-white clad watchman, he landed on intriguing idea, deciding to test the superhero's HR ability to uncover any professional insight amongst his immediate reports.

***

As Sennai, Taroooc and Gosh entered the bridge Deluxia deftly zipped her make-up case.

"Busy?" queried Sennai, resuming his oversized Captain's seat.

Behind him, Gosh instantly clocked the Communications Officer, beaming widely towards Deluxia as he subconsciously hovered.

"Taroooc," began Sennai, "select a software engineer and app developer to go down to Gwofie's ship to fix their navigation. Choose the best, so it's damn quick."

"Yes Sir."

The bridge was quiet. Sennai leaned an elbow onto his chair's armrest and tapped his lower lip with his fingernails.

Deluxia was in love.

Her tail swished gently side to side. Middle-age, and a recent separation, presented encouragement and posed no barrier. Deluxia's professionalism remained paramount, yet her prevailing strange taste in the alternative species was making this newly arrived shiny white hulk very attractive and a welcome alternative to the Terracoscienn male. Even Gosh's small head was befitting to her exotic preferences.

Sennai snapped an order to Gosh.

"Well Mr. Superhero, you offered help with HR, so start with a performance management review here on the bridge. You've got thirty minutes before my engineers return and we leave. Begin over there with Deluxia..."

Being severely distracted, Deluxia was not listening to Sennai. On hearing her name, she blushed and noticed a faint sparkle in the superhero's eye as his boots reconnected with the floor to walk towards her. Her mind raced for any subtle conversation starter.

"Gosh..." she exclaimed admiringly, "you are very tall."

"I'm flattered you recognized me," smiled Gosh Bordomm.

Bemused by his response, Deluxia pressed on. "I'm Deluxia Moe Delle."

"Pleased to meet you," and again he rose up to hover before her, maintaining a slight angle and sucking in his midriff.

"Are you going to introduce yourself?" continued Deluxia.

"Bordomm." he nodded.

"No honestly, I am genuinely interested."

"I'm Gosh Bordomm."

"Ah, now I get it," said Deluxia. "And are you from Braevitchka?"

"No, not originally. It was just a short visit," answered Gosh, smoothing another eyebrow.