Grumpy Paigey

Demitra's pov

"Swish" I say while turning around to look at the girls as my shot goes in. "And you decided to do modeling instead of something you're actually good at?" I tilt my head at KK. "Dude" Paige rolled her eyes.

"Wait I didn't mean it like that. I mean we've all seen the videos" my face goes red as I dribble the ball to the girls. "That was once! Now stop talking about it" I glare at her. "I could never. I watch it when I'm sad"

"Well I'm glad that my fall makes you happy" I pass the ball to Nika and she shoots the ball and makes it in. "Yo Demitra!" I jump at the loud ass voice of my cousin.

I turn to see the whole men's basketball team walk in. "Hey Sebby" I hug him and smile up at him. He's actually one of the many cousins we have that I can get along with. He was the one who got me into basketball.

"How's Ellie? Is she single yet?" Stephon asked me, wrapping an arm around my neck. "First. Get off and second, no she's not" he groan. He's been wanting to get with her for years but she's too young for him and he's a player.

"Do you guys want to play?" Caroline ask the boys team. "Sure. We have time before practice" we all put our stuff on the side and Paige grabs a ball and so does Tristen. "We're not playing with a girls ball" he said spinning the ball on his finger.

"Well we're not playing with a men's ball" Paige said glaring at him. "How about we play with a kids ball?" Nika suggested as she grabs one from the sideline. "Where did you even-never mind. Fine that works"

"Okay um Aaliyah, Nika, Qadence, Ines and I will start" Paige says taking the ball from Nika and passing it to Andrew a little too hard. "Do yall have beef with them or something?" I ask Jana as I sit down on a chair.

"I mean we don't but Paige does" I raise an eyebrow. "Why?" She shrugs and yells at Caroline to do jump ball. "She's totally jealous" Alex said sitting down next to me. "Why? Because I'm friends with the whole team?" He nods and I roll my eyes.

I've known these kids for a couple of years thanks to Sebastian. "Let's play. Dem come help me keep score" Alex says. He walk to the score board and I sit next to him. Caroline does jump ball and we start the game.

We played for a while. The guys were winning by a couple of points. Everyone has got to play, even Alex but here I am. Not even playing. I have my shorts and shirt on and told them I'd play but they never subbed me in and Nika noticed.

"We should play Dem" she says to Paige but she shoos her away. "Paige" she tried to get her attention again but she ignore her. Nika rolls her eyes and subs on for Aaliyah. "Can you do score?" I ask Seb since he's off. "Yeah"

I make my way to Paige and tap her shoulder. "Why don't you want me playing? I can play you know" she ignores me and shouts. "Bro that's a foul!"

"Paige! Let me play" she looks at me dead in the eye and shakes her head. "Why not?" She doesn't answer me and Nika limps towards us. "Dem you're in" Nika pushes me on the court and I smile.

"Demi!" KK shouts while running to the basket. I launch her the ball and she makes a beautiful layup. We are now winning. "Good pass D" we high five and run back to play defence.

We only had 10 seconds left and I have the ball. I run the clock until there's 2 seconds left then I shoot it and it went it. "Yes! We won!" KK shouts and runs to me and pulls me into a hug and spins me around.

"That's my cousin!" Seb said from the court side. "We wonnnnn!" Nika runs to me and joins the hug. "I thought you're hurt yourself" she laughs and dances. "I was faking it. You're welcome"