✷ 012: Little Chat.

TOO FAMOUS ! by KissLeclerc
February 8, 2024 # "Getting There!"

                 "HELLO TO YOU." Devyn smiled into her camera as Ollie answered her FaceTime request. "Hi." He said through a yawn, stretching in bed as it was obvious her call woke him up. "Hi." His voice was very husky.

"Oh?" She raised her brows, surprised at his tone. "Good morning to you then." She laughed. "Did I wake you?" She continued to ask, checking the time on her laptop to see it was 6:00PM.

"No, no—" He laughed, rubbing his eyes. "I needed to wake up actually." His voice mumbled, adjusting his sight into the camera. "How's your day been?"

"It's been good." Devyn replied with a smile, bringing a knee up to her chest as she sat at her desk, mindlessly reading through assignments while she had Ollie on facetime, her phone propped up against a hydro flask. "I actually fell asleep in the library..." She mentioned, making Ollie laugh.

"No way." He said through a smile. "Did some random wake you up?" He reached over and turned on his bedside lamp, Devyn's face falling into a knowing expression that already answered his question.

"NO WAY." His hand covered his mouth as more laughs poured out.  "OKAY, it's not that funny." She leaned back into her seat, waiting for his giggles to tone down.

"You're right." He smiled. "It's hysterical actually."

"Ha. Ha." She rolled her eyes and shook her head. "How has your day been? Did a stranger wake you up?" She asked as he laughed a little more.

"My day—"

"Hold." Devyn held a finger and paused him. "Sorry, Renee's coming in." She informed him after hearing the usual roommate knock the two have.

They always knocked three times before unlocking the door to let the other know they were coming in, just in case. Reneé didn't always live by this rule as she would sometimes barge in unannounced when drunk, but most of the time she goes by such roommate agreements.

"DEVYN!" The blonde eagerly came in, Sasha and Mina attached to the hip. "Hi." She smiled, looking up at the three.

"Ugh, just because you get a mega famous racecar driving boyfriend? doesn't mean you get to stop talking to us." Reneé sighed as Devyn scoffed with a smile. "I was just with you guys??"

"You didn't didn't deny he was your boyfriend..." Sasha quirked a brow as Ollie laughed.

"Oh, shut up." Devyn laughed. "Getting there!" Ollie exclaimed as she turned back to her phone and gave him a look, a smile plastered on his face.

"Hi Oliver." The girls waved at him as he mirrored the gesture back. "Hi." He replied.

"So, what did you guys need?" Devyn moved on, asking the initial question she forgot to ask at first. "We were wondering if you wanted to join us at the arts center for that painting event?" They asked. "But since you're so busy..."

"Don't let me be a bother!" Ollie spoke up, hearing the entire interaction. "If you want to spend time with your friends Dev, it's okay!"

"Im actually doing homework though, Ollie is just keeping me company..." Devyn pointed at her laptop. "You guys go and have fun, I'll finish all my work today and then I can hang with you guys tomorrow night! Promise!"

"But you won't be able to—"

"OKAY! Sounds like a plan!" Reneé cut off Mina's statement that would've implied Devyn's unavailability the next day, due to Ollie's plan to surprise her.

"We'll catch you later." The blonde continued before grabbing Devyn by the face and placing a kiss on top of her head. "Love ya, bye!" She waved before heading out the door with Mina and Sasha quickly following behind.

"That was weird." Devyn turned back to Ollie on FaceTime who was now walking around his house doing whatever he was doing. "Did that seem off to you?" She raised her eyebrows, curious for his opinion as she grabbed a pencil from her desk jar.

"I don't know them very well." Ollie shrugged, even though he's got a group chat with them. "Seemed fine to me." He laughed as he was in a room that Devyn had seen a numerous amount of times; that being his kitchen.

"I guess you're right." She shrugged, adjusting her posture at her desk. "What are you eating?" She questioned.

"Cereal." He shoved a spoon full in his mouth before smiling with his cheeks full. "Cute." Devyn laughed before sitting forward and continuing to work on her assignments for the week.

"Hm. What are your weekend plans?" Ollie asked, knowing very well what she will be doing. "Very proud that you made it through another week." He smiled happily as she mirrored his expression.

"Oh my gosh, for once I have an off weekend." She remembered her shift change. "Someone traded days with me so I worked on Yesterday and Tuesday."

"Oh, lovely!" Ollie said happily. "Are you just gonna rest then?"

"Maybe." She yawned, opening up one of her journals to begin writing things down from a powerpoint. "I might check in with Reneé and them, to see if they want to do anything."

"Sounds beautiful." He smiled before chugging the contents in his bowl, finishing his cereal. "Ahh." He took a breath, panting. "Okay slow down, no one is taking it from you—" Devyn laughed, making him roll his eyes. "I was just hungry." He grabbed his phone and slouched, showing himself pat his stomach.

"What are you doing this weekend?" She asked, not taking her eyes off her journal this time as she switched glances between her computer screen and the blank lined paper in front of her.

"I've got more meetings." Ollie sighed. "Supposed to be flying over to London, actually." He mentioned. "For God knows what." He placed his phone down by the sink as he began to wash his dishes.

"WHAT?" Devyn furrowed a brow. "Don't be shy. Quick pit stop to Wales?" She gave him a side glance. "Ahem. Cardiff University... In Cardiff.. Ahem. Wales." She stared into the camera as he laughed.

The water running from his faucet drowned out most of his giggles but once Ollie shut the water off, he dried his hands before responding. "I would love to." He sighed. "But I've got loads to do for a sponsor meeting... or whatever it is my manager said." He explained, continuing to walk through his apartment.

"That's it." Devyn leaned forward and began typing away at her laptop. "I'm getting a ticket to fly to London." She sighed.

"HAHAHAHA NO—"

"Say the word, I swear I'll do it." She laughed, covering her face with her hands. "Do not do that, No." Ollie laughed. "Do not buy a plane ticket."

"Okay, does train sound better then?" She asked, biting down a smile as Ollie shook his head and held in a laugh.

"One day, I promise I will come see you." He sighed, holding out his pinky in front of his camera. "Pinky swear."

"Whatever you say, princess." Devyn shrugged and held her pinky out as well before the two curled the finger, initiating the seal of a pinky promise.

And after all, that promise would be coming true in roughly 24 hours.

VERA'S VOICE!
mwahhaahhha updated for real for real

filler real quick before the actual
surprise chapter MWAHAHAH

hello belly! ^_^
love vera pooks