Chapter 569: Be the domineering one to start a conflict immediately

Shi Qingluo observed the other guests at the banquet while conversing with the friendly madams and young ladies.

She noticed that a few madams were sizing her and her sister-in-law up with hidden disdain and contempt in their eyes.

They kept looking at her sister-in-law with a kind of disdain and inquiry, as well as an unspeakable helplessness.

Shi Qingluo was a little confused. What did these people's gazes mean?

If they despised Baili, why did they keep looking at her as if she were an item? She didn't like their gazes.

Xiao Baili naturally felt that several madams were looking at her.

These people had smiles on their faces, but she could tell that they didn't like her very much.

They gave off a high and mighty attitude and were looking down on her status.

In the past, she would have clenched her hands and lowered her head in humiliation.

But now, she sat up straight and allowed these people to size her up with a natural and unrestrained appearance.

When she was in the village, her sister-in-law taught her etiquette.

When she was in the capital and Heyang County, her sister-in-law would bring her along when she went out to attend banquets or social events.

Although it was her first time attending a flower banquet like this one in Northern City, she was able to handle it gracefully.

This made the madams who were looking at Xiao Baili feel satisfied.

She was considered to be a woman of first-class beauty, looking graceful and elegant, not like a farmer's girl.

One of the ladies looked at Shi Qingluo and suddenly asked with a smile, "Princess Fubao, is your sister-in-law engaged?"

This lady was one of the people who had just sized up Xiao Baili.

Shi Qingluo looked at her proud attitude.

When she asked this question, it was as if she was lowering her status, making her speechless.

She now understood why these madam looked at her sister-in-law in such a way.

Their gazes suggested that they were choosing their daughter-in-law.

They looked down on her sister-in-law's identity as a farmer's daughter, but they seemed to be forced for their family to marry her for some reason, so they looked at her with disdain.

This was the most obvious in the madam who spoke.

Shi Qingluo was a protective person.

She had long treated Xiao Baili as her own sister.

How could she tolerate such ladies with ulterior motives? She would not be nice to them.

"What does my sister-in-law's engagement have to do with you?" she asked coldly, raising her eyebrows.

The madam choked.

She was especially unhappy at Shi Qingluo's cold and impolite attitude.

Because of her husband's previous instructions, Madam Tu's advice, and the fact that Shi Qingluo was now a princess, she endured it.

"Your sister-in-law is about the same age as my son, so I asked," she said with a fake smile.

"If she's not engaged yet, I actually quite like your sister-in-law."