73 THE PERFECT PRINCE

73. THE PERFECT PRINCE

˖*⋆。˚𖦹࣪˖ ִֶָ⋆。°✩

IN

what feels like a split second—Nagi leaves you stunned in your seat and watching with wide-eyed shock as he slams his foot into the ball (after several fake-outs), past Gagamaru's fingers and scores a wondrously gorgeous goal for his team.

The scream that leaves Nagi's lips when the shot reaches the net is breath-taking. You've never heard anything like it—from someone as lazy and half-witted as Nagi Seishiro.

Such a goal announces Nagi's presence—once more, he is showing himself to the world—as the newly-formed lazy genius. It makes your eyes sparkle.

To see him come so far... It's...

An indescribable feeling blooms inside your chest. It's similar to the way you felt during the U-20 game, where he scored a wonder goal just like this one—yet, in every single way, it is completely different.

You're sure if Mariele was not beside you, you would've run into Nagi's arms just as Reo had.

It just comes naturally to you, with Nagi Seishiro—with him, everything just feels so natural. 

You should make a note to see him again.

"What an incredible goal," Mariele looks a lot less pleased than you expected her to appear. With Kunigami, Isagi—even Kaiser, out of all people—their goals made her eyes light up like stars. Now, they were as dull as the day you met her. "That really is impressive. As a manager, even for the opposing team, I really can't deny that it was outstanding."

Yet, with the praise she is spewing—not once did she compliment he himself. You can't help but wonder why—but you should do well to know better than to pry, especially with her. "It was amazing! Nagi is as talented as always—that goal was surely a product of that latent talent."

She doesn't reply. Mariele purses her lips and turns her head to the field, eyes half-lidded and strangely focused. You don't wish to speak to a brick wall—so you stop talking, too. Still—you can't help but think that she knows something that you aren't quite aware of.

You shake your head, hair swishing from side to side before you stare forward. Eyes narrowed and lips pressed tightly together, you stare—What is your next move, Isagi?

You are not able to find out, because a loud, very much British voice booms through your ear before you get to—"Ladiiiies and gentlemen !!! ♪ The score is 2 — 2!! I'm sure everybody can see the climax coming! And now—this era's football superstaaaar ♪—"