Prologue

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚Proloue˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

"This can't be real." My hands turned cold, vision blurring. I stood amidst a sea of blood and bodies, some familiar, some strangers. The once-fragrant palace now reeked of death. With hesitant steps, I made my way to the great hall, praying none of my family suffered in this horror.

The main door stood abandoned, unguarded. I grasped the handle and pulled. The hall lay silent and dark. Moving towards the throne where we once sat as a family, my heart raced. Suddenly, I stumbled upon someone. A familiar face, It was Alex, my brother. My heart shattered, I cradled his head in my lap, pleading for him to wake, but his once warm hazel eyes remained cold.

"Father? Mother?" I searched desperately, and now I found them both beside the throne, lifeless. Tears streaming, I gently put Alex's head on the cold floor and make my way towards father and mother. I sat beside them, holding their cold hands. Asther, our empire, lay in ruins, and I had lost everything.

The wind swept through the palace, revealing the full extent of the tragedy. And then, I saw him—Lucas Maximilian, the traitor. Gripping my father's sword, I confronted him, the anger boiling inside me.

"So you are here, Evelyn," he sneered, his voice dripping with malice.

But I refused to yield. Gripping the sword tighter, I retorted, "Lucas Maximilian. How dare you!"

He chuckled darkly, stepping closer, "Oh dear, I came here to help you. There seems to be a riot among the military and governors."

"Shut up, Lucas! Shut up!" I shouted, my voice trembling with rage. "I know what you've done. You've betrayed us all! You're nothing but a bastard child of a traitor! My father did a mistake by taking you in"

His smirk widened, "You can't do anything now, Evelyn. It's over. The empire is mine. cry as much as you want"

"I'll take revenge on you, Lucas. You'll regret what you did today," I vowed, my eyes blazing with determination.

He shrugged, "I'll wait for your revenge, Evelyn. Till then... Farewell."

**✿❀To be continued❀✿**

Hi it's your author zara, i hope you all are doing good. I would love if you guys can comment yoir thoughts on the story! Please don't forget to vote and share with others ♥💫