o. as the flames burn

NULL: AS THE FLAMES BURN

✲*'。

SHE COULD FEEL the flames beginning to lick her face; the fiery inferno set ablaze, intent to engulf her in its embrace.

Death was calling, she had evaded him too many times to count, not it seemed she was damned to the flames.

She could hear Reid's subdued pleading; hear his weak cries for her to come back as he struggled to stay awake. She could hear Alex's begging for her to open her eyes. Crimson blood streamed from her chest, two bullets shot, one for Blake's temples, the other for Morgan's abdomen.

The fear har always lingered; from her second dance with death only two years previously. She had been set to fully commit to new role within the BAU; a profiler, working the cases. She would no longer hide  in her gilded cage, a cushy office with Garcia. Ivy Lamontagne would finally be able to make a difference, make her Poppa proud.

Yet, the bullet that grazed her knee as she fought to save her brother was karma finally catching up to Ivy to atone for her skills. All her hopes and dreams were to be flushed down the drain, once more she was to remain in her cage, all hopes of a new opportunity gone.

A fitting decree, a fitting end for her; it mattered not, Ivy Lamontagne was always destined to die at the hands of a senseless killer all in the name of protecting her family.

The only reason she had continued to live was the secret smiles shared with one Spencer Reid, the illicit kisses and secret relationship keeping her afloat.

And now, because love isn't enough and their timing was never very good to begin with she greets death with a smile.

Morgan would live, return home to Toni. Reid would live.

That was enough.

(she burns.)