Chapter 1, The New Guy.

Wednesday thru Saturday, waking up at 5:00 am struggling to get out of bed to get ready for work and make it on time at 6:30.

I have no motivation to go in, but unfortunately for me I got myself into some uncontrollable debt that I now need to file bankruptcy because I refuse to pay any of it.

Today is Thursday, only just two more days to go. I clock in 5 minutes late slowly walking to my station at work. I use to enjoy coming into work that was when I had someone I looked forward to seeing.

His name was Danny, and although he was in a different department in the same building I would always try to look and see where he was working at.

I met him on tinder and not knowing at the time he use to talk to an old work friend I guess you could call her which would end up starting some drama.

Drama was the last thing I was wanting.. especially at work.

Long story short him and I lasted less than a month and somehow I was caught feelings so quick and you could say I was... obsessed.

But that whole situation is for another story.

Time went by slow so I went to my friend Nessa's station to talk to her for a bit.

It's 10:50am, 10 minutes until lunch when I see the group of new hires being trained at their stations.

I quickly glance over the group hoping to see at least one cute guy to make work more interesting and that's when I spot him.

I look over at my friend Nessa.. "look at him" I tell her

She looks over "who are you talking about?" She asked.

It was a little hard to see him with him being two lines over.

"I'll show you on the way to lunch" I tell her as I quickly go back to my station to scan an item so I didn't get in trouble.

Nessa and I walk towards the break room as we make a pit stop near his line to "get a cup of water".

"It's the guy who's wearing all black with the Nikes" I tell her. She looks over and back at me.

"He looks cute.. but what about him?" She asks.

"That's going to be my new man" I smile to her.

She laughs and shakes her head. "Here we go again" she says causing me to also laugh.

He has dark hair and tanned skin with dark brown eyes about a few inches taller than me.

He looks as though he speaks Spanish as his first language. His appearance was definitely the type of guy I gravitate towards.

All I knew is that I had to get his name or at least find his socials.

I'm not the kind of girl to just go up to a guy and ask him out.

I am very shy when it comes to guys I find attractive and also Like everyone else I am afraid of rejection.

I'm the type to just stare and smile (not in a creepy way) it's my way of flirting and hoping they'd make the first move.

I'm in the lunch room heating up my food as my other friend Brandon approaches me.

"Brenna has a new crush" says Nessa and I smile.

Brandon looks at me "oh noo" he jokes

"Yeah I know... I have another target" I joke around and he laughs shaking his head.

"What's his name?" Brandon asked. I look at him and shrug. "I haven't got his name yet... he's new"

"Well good luck and let's hope it doesn't turn out like the last one" Brandon says referring to will.

"Yeah let's hope he's not a highschool student working part time who also has a girlfriend" I respond.

I grab my food and head outside with Nessa to have lunch as we normally do.

After 30 minutes our lunch is over I clock back in and head back to my station to continue working.

At my station I glance over to get a glimpse of the new guy. He was still working so I assume he comes in at a different time than I do. Which would make it a little harder to see him.

I hoped for him to at least acknowledge me or give me any type of sign that he had also found me attractive but he was a few lines away from my station so it didn't happen.

Good thing there's always tomorrow.