Chapter 3 : The Great Country Of Wallbrim

Echoes Of The Wixx

Chapter 3

The Great Country Of Wallbrim

Alister absorbs the beautiful scenery that lies before him. The flowers, trees, and blades of grass dance in the wind, and the smell of mother nature reminds him of his memories as a kid at home on his family's estate. He continues to look out the back of the wagon while everyone sits in silence.

While looking back at the open fields, one of the passengers on the wagon looks familiar to Alister. The strange person was wearing a black hood with tears and rips in it. The pants were torn and worn down as well as the shoes. However, What caused Alister to focus his attention on this person was the little bit of hair that escaped the hood which was gorgeous, long, and silky blond hair.

Alister could not believe what he was seeing. This person was almost a spitting image of Zephyr from the long hair to the slim body. He was about to say something, however, before saying anything he remembered the letter and how he shouldn't interact with her because of what happened last time. He's conflicted in wanting to aid her through her emotional distress however, on another hand last time he did more harm than he did help. In her letter she wrote, she asked him not to search for her. So, for the rest of the ride, he sat there watching her in silence and was conflicted about what to do.

Finally, after half a day of traveling, the wagon had arrived at the next town. As Alister got out of the wagon and gathered his belongings he read the stone monument which read Stormveil, town of the Storm Drake. He then stepped back however, to no avail he couldn't find the cloaked person. Alister, a little devastated, clenched his fists wanting to know whether it was Zephyr or not.

Alister had made up his mind that he needed to find a place to spend the night and gather more information about the quest. Alister then began walking through this small town and headed on the dirt path to the guild hall. The guild hall was a small building made of old cobblestone bricks, perhaps from the ruins that populate this region of Wallbrim. He walks in and sees a person at the front desk with a wall of quests behind her.

Alister gazed around the room before taking another step in. There were two others in there, a mage in a shiny red robe and a person in a black cloak. Surprisingly, the light of the torch from the desk shined into each crevasse in the building. There was nothing that stood out to him other than the black-cloaked person. However, at this time he's not sure if it's the same person then on the wagon. Alister decides to speak to the employee about obtaining more information about the quest.

Alister, standing in front of the desk, pulls out the paper from his pocket and asks "may I have some more information on this quest, please? I see that Drake's keep is about a day's walk from here. Is there a way to get transportation to the keep if possible"? The person behind the desk then nods her head before pulling out a scroll and handing it over to Alister with a smile and thanking him for taking the quest.

He then finds a nice spot outside under a large tree before he reads the scroll, to whom may take this quest, this quest is not an ordinary quest. The undead Champion, Vahntas has caused great chaos around the keep. After the Storm Drake vanished, the keep was then home to the Champion and his undead allies. The Champion is a ruthless monster with glowing red eyes and armor tough enough to withstand strikes even by the Wixx family". Alister paused and reread the last few words. " Tough enough to withstand strikes even by the Wixx family."

He had known that this quest was a tough quest but not that tough and doing it solo. Nonetheless, Alister will continue to take this quest on for nothing has stopped him thus far.

He continues to read the scroll, " The Champion has enormous strength and stamina which will allow it to fight until it can take out its foe in combat. So far to our knowledge, the only move that has had any effect so far was a flame strike from a blade and it didn't even do much. Lastly, the legends say the undead can be slain once the heart has been stabbed with a blade. Whether that's true or not I'm not too sure but do with that as you will.