Chapter 199: Konoha Elders

"How come you're only back now?!" Regarding Yu's sudden appearance in the Hokage's office and his casual demeanor, Third's tone was stern, but his eyes didn't show anger.

"Well... the mission in the Water Country has been completed," Yu said indifferently. "I spent too much time in the village, so I had Shisui and the others report the mission to you first. I just wanted to wander around on my own."

Sitting on the windowsill in the Hokage's office, Yu shrugged nonchalantly.

"What a disgrace!!" Before Third could speak, Yu's indifferent attitude had already angered the two Konoha Elders present. Mitokado Homura exclaimed, "Sarutobi! Look at this kid, behaving so casually in the Hokage's office! He doesn't resemble a Konoha Ninja at all!"

"Yakushi Yu! Not only did you fail to report back to us promptly for this mission," another Konoha advisor, Utatane Koharu, said sternly, "but you also killed the Fourth Mizukage of the Hidden Mist! Do you have any idea how much pressure the Hidden Mist has put on us this time?!"

Clearly, three years ago, after the failed assassination attempt on the Hokage and the subsequent coup, Danzo was temporarily isolated from the Konoha Elders' meeting by Third.

In addition to the incident involving the theft of the Byakugan from the Hyuga Clan by Cloud Ninja, Yu successfully persuaded Third to refuse to compromise with Hidden Cloud. He decisively slapped the faces of both Konoha Elders.

With all these events combined, the current power structure in Konoha is dominated solely by Third and his disciple, Yu. Mitokado Homura and Utatane Koharu, the two Konoha Elders, finally felt their positions being threatened and grew restless.

"All right, calm down, Homura, Koharu, don't make a big deal out of this," Third quickly intervened when he saw the two Konoha Elders confronting Yu. "Although the incident of killing the Fourth Mizukage has significant repercussions and Yu didn't handle it with enough consideration."

"However, considering the current situation in the Hidden Mist, they are overwhelmed with their own issues and temporarily pose no threat to us."

"Sarutobi, you..." Upon hearing Third completely siding with Yu this time, the two Konoha Elders were visibly taken aback.

"And no matter what, they have successfully completed the mission this time," Third said to himself, his benevolent gaze falling on Yu seated by the windowsill. "As for Yu not returning promptly to report the mission to me... although it doesn't quite follow the regulations, I believe Yu must have his own considerations."

The old man is still quite amiable...

Feeling the warmth of Third's benevolent gaze and seeing that Third was completely on his side this time, Yu couldn't help but feel a sense of warmth in his heart.

"Sarutobi! All along... you've been too indulgent, too protective of this kid!" Mitokado Homura, witnessing Third siding entirely with Yu this time, became even more agitated. "That's why this kid has developed such a character, not putting anything in his eyes!"

Seeing Third take Yu's side entirely, the two Konoha Elders became even more frantic. Mitokado Homura immediately jumped up from the sofa and shouted loudly.

Seeing Mitokado Homura's reaction, Yu raised an eyebrow, and Third, who was beside him, immediately thought, "This is not good."

Sure enough, Yu's eyebrows raised, a massive surge of Kage level Chakra flowing within him. He activated the Lightning Body Flicker, turning into a streak of lightning and disappearing from the windowsill.

!

Crack!!

In the next moment, Yu was already in front of the sofa. He gripped Mitokado Homura's neck with one hand, lifting him off the ground so that his feet dangled.

"Don't say I don't respect the elderly..."

"If you try using that attitude to say another word... I can crush you right now..."

With one hand holding Mitokado Homura in midair, Yu's tone was so cold it could freeze someone.

These two old corpses who only played political games in Konoha, if Yu were to kill them, he figured he wouldn't even furrow his brow.

"Stop! Yu, calm down!"

Beside them, Third saw that Yu seemed genuinely intent on killing Mitokado Homura and urgently shouted.

Although he was dissatisfied with Mitokado Homura and Utatane Koharu's attitudes today, as companions from their youth, Third couldn't allow Yu to really kill them.

"Today, I'll give Sarutobi-sensei some face... you two old folks, remember this well..."

Noticing Third's reaction beside him, Yu sneered and casually tossed Mitokado Homura back onto the sofa like garbage. "If I wanted to kill you two now... it would be as simple as squashing two ants."

"You... you..."

Feeling the murderous intent emanating from Yu, Mitokado Homura, now collapsed on the sofa like a dead dog, was too horrified to speak. Only at this moment did he finally realize how terrifying a ninja who could single-handedly face thousands on the battlefield could be.

"Hmph..."

Watching the two Konoha Elders now silent as cicadas, Yu's face displayed a disdainful smile. He had Kaio open a portal in the air beside him, and he vanished into it.

In the entire Hokage's office, only Third and the others remained frozen in place, staring at each other in a terrifying silence.

"Sarutobi, you've seen it!"

"This brat is absolutely lawless!"

Utatane Koharu, sitting beside Mitokado Homura with quivered lips, perhaps due to anger or fear. The wrinkled old face twisted.

Lightning Body Flicker combined with Space-Time Ninjutsu...

'Yu, just how many abilities do you have hidden on you that I don't know about?'

Ignoring the two enraged Konoha Elders on the sofa, Third's gaze, contemplative, stared at the spot where Yu had disappeared just now. Occasionally, sharp flashes of insight flickered in his eyes.

The speed unleashed by Yu in that instant attack caught even the renowned Ninjutsu Professor of the ninja world off guard. Coupled with Yu's mysterious and unpredictable Space-Time abilities, Third found himself completely unable to fathom this twelve-year-old.

"Perhaps, I am truly getting old."

As he looked at the snowflakes falling outside the window, Third began seriously contemplating whether he should consider retirement, passing on the rights and responsibilities to the next generation of young individuals...

...

Truly, two old folks who don't know any better...

The next moment, Yu's figure reappeared, now on the bustling streets.

Recalling the Konoha Elders, especially Mitokado Homura, who he had just directly disciplined and intimidated in the Hokage's office, a cold smile played on Yu's lips.

While Danzo might be cunning and ruthless, employing any means to achieve his goals, at least he pursued his own version of ideals and beliefs. He would resort to all sorts of schemes and tactics, consistently adhering to his own dark path of ninjutsu.

However, Mitokado Homura and Utatane Koharu, those two old folks, apart from hiding behind others when trouble arose and meddling for their own interests when nothing was happening, Yu seemed never to have seen them do anything meaningful. They completely lacked any trace of the spirit and responsibility befitting a ninja.

From a certain perspective, these two decaying old figures entrenched in the center of Konoha's power were even more detestable than Danzo.

----

Support me on patreon for More advanced chapters up to 50 so far patreon.com/DemonWriter