Prologue

As Lily, a teenage girl, ambled along the deserted path, a flicker of blue and red lights caught her attention. A police car pulled up beside her, and a uniformed officer stepped out, his silhouette outlined against the night sky.

"Evening, miss. What brings you out here alone?" the officer inquired, his voice carrying a tone of concern.

Lily turned to face him, offering a warm smile. "I just wanted to admire the moon's reflection on the water. It's so peaceful here at night."

The officer nodded, his gaze scanning the surroundings. "It is indeed a beautiful sight, but this area can be quiet for a reason. We've had some incidents of crime around here, especially after dark."

Lily's brow furrowed slightly, concern knitting her delicate features. "Oh, I see. Thank you for letting me know."

The officer leaned against his car, his posture relaxed yet vigilant. "Just be careful and keep an eye out for anything suspicious. We've got some... territorial elements roaming around these parts."

Lily's curiosity was piqued. "Territorial elements? What do you mean?"

The officer hesitated for a moment before replying, his expression guarded. "Let's just say there are some individuals who don't take kindly to outsiders invading their space. It's best to steer clear of trouble."

Lily nodded, understanding dawning in her eyes. "I'll be sure to watch my step. Thank you for the warning, officer."

With a nod of acknowledgment, the officer returned to his car and drove off into the night, leaving Lily to continue her solitary walk by the water's edge.

As she gazed up at the luminous orb hanging in the sky, casting its silvery glow upon the rippling surface below, Lily couldn't shake the officer's words from her mind. She knew she had to be cautious, to stay vigilant against the unseen dangers lurking in the shadows.

As Lily stood alone by the moonlit waters, a shiver ran down her spine as she felt a cold breath on the back of her neck. Instinctively, she turned, only to find herself face to face with a creature of nightmare—a vampire. Its eyes glowed with an otherworldly hunger, and its fangs dripped with anticipation as it lunged at her with terrifying speed.

Lily's heart thundered in her chest as she tried to flee, but the vampire's grasp was unyielding. She could feel its icy touch searing through her veins as it drank deeply from her, draining her life essence with each agonizing moment.