Prompts

Here are the prompts for this year's competition! You may use more than one prompt if you'd like. (You may also make multiple entries.)

#1 - Deathwhisperer not just in name, but practice. In a dystopian realm, a 'deathwhisperer' is tasked with finding out who murdered their leader and why.

#2 - A series of journal entries to one who had passed on.

#3 - "I never thought a ship would be an omen of my death."

#4 - While in juvie, a teen finds out the world is going to end.

#5 - Instead of being met with the electric chair, a serial killer breaks out only to be met with the zombie apocalypse.

#6 - A virus that targets vampires; the outlook on the cure is not so good.

#7 - A sailor whose mind can't stop thinking about the end.

#8 - Someone is stalked only to find out the stalker is their own crush.

#9 - After drowning at the hands of a frat house, the victim seeks revenge at those who wronged them.

#10 - Two people have a strong relationship. One gets possessed, the other ends up liking the demon a lot more than their partner.

#11 - You go on holiday to a ghost town only to find out why it's like that. A wendigo.

#12 - A god is given a chance at a mortal life, only to fall for a god in another pantheon.

#13 - Your species is hunted for peoples' entertainment; the thought begins to arise of, should you run or just enjoy your last moments?

#14 - Your life is a joke. It becomes even more so when you get attacked by a mysterious creature outside a gas station bathroom in the middle of nowhere.

#15 - You wake up trapped in an escape room. Each riddle brings you closer to your death.

#16 - In the dark ages, you find your experimental cure for the plague works. A group of hitmen are soon on your trail.

#17 - In the far future, a worker from space finds earth—-or rather, what's left of it.

#18 - You enjoy being the one in control of death—-though, baking takes a close second.

#19 - After death, you're put in a car that drives on its own down a never ending highway—-forced to rewatch every single memory you have.

#20 - When at a truck stop in the middle of nowhere, you meet both an alien and an escaped android still in its early stages of development—-the catch? All of your guys' people (from all three sides) want you three dead.

#21 - Who knew the gates of hell would be inside an elementary school?

#22 - Music is your life, but also your demise.

#23 - Clowns and buses don't mix.

#24 - You break a vase in a museum, unknowingly letting an ancient spirit from Harappa loose.

#25 - You listen to your car radio at night to hear a strange transmission. It's telling you to run.