This is Ghetto....

It's the first week of school and honestly... Im not fuckin wit it. Im taking 5 classes which I feel like is way to much, I already have 6 assignments to turn in by Sunday 11:59 pm and somehow I still do not have enough time in the world, and it is only Tuesday. The food here is decent!! There is at least a Chipotle on campus and Im already knowing my back will grow 5x its size by the time my freshman year is over. I guess freshman 15 is a real thing to worry about after all. My dorm smells like hot ass and mold and I think it's giving me a headache. But at least I have the best roommate of all, my best fucking friend Brianna but everyone calls her Bri. Bri has been my best friend since the 6th grade. She was the new girl at my middle school mid-year and as soon as she got there she started beef with every girl in the hall. She spreaded a rumor around saying my forehead looked pregnant and I looked like a beluga whale. Yeah, that hoe real funny and that's exactly why we boxed as soon as I found out since "Brianna" got jokes. After I kindly beat her ass, I went back home and added her on Instagram because like I said  I genuinely thought the hoe was funny. She added me back and, since then we've been sending memes and cackling at each other's jokes.

"Girl come on… we gon be late to the social" Bri shouts across the dorm as she's rushing to put her hair in a bun.
"Im coming. Im coming. I can't find my brown sandals" I yelled.
"Oops sorry, they're under my bed. My fault Zay" she says.

We rush outside the dorm drowned in perfume and hair gel looking for a shuttle to catch to the other side of campus.

We finally make it to Obama building… yes named after the president also known as the "black hangout spot". Bri and I look at each other up and down to make sure we look presentable then we slowly walk inside with the look of disbelief on our faces. As we look around the room we can see every black student organization on our campus.
Including the Alphas who grabbed our attention when we first entered the room. All we could see and hear were niggas jumping in the air and the sound of a whistle being blown. I instantly felt my stomach drop when I locked eyes with one of the Alphas in the room. His big lips and pretty smile almost sent me into a frenzy. I quickly found a seat before embarrassing myself anymore.

"Girl it is so many fine-ass brothas in here, I'm tryna bag me a nupe by the end of the semester," Bri whispers in my ear.

"Yes girl, I already got my eyes on somebody but let me slow down," I say.

"Please, Zay! Actually, take your time this year and get to know the niggas. You don't want the same rep as high school. I'm just tryna help you out boo!" Bri says.

"You're right, I really want to focus on myself more this year. Maybe find a new hobby?" I say as I shrug my shoulders.

Suddenly the lights go off and everyone gasps. A spotlight appears in the middle of the stage and this beautiful dark chocolate girl with the most glowing skin and lushest curls walks into the spotlight and smiles at the audience with a smile that can blind you and the cutest dimples. She's wearing a yellow crop top and blue jean shorts showing off her long skinny legs. She's extremely gorgeous and looks like money. I could only hope to be that beautiful one day!

"Damn, she's beautiful! She must be a model. I need to be her friend" I tell Bri

"Hoe stop drooling over some girl you never met," Bri says and laughs.

"Hey everyone my name is Nadine! I am one of the black student organization mentors. I am here for any freshman who may need assistance with anything like classes, life, joining clubs, and even Greek life. Welcome
to Maysom University! I am happy to see you here, please feel free to walk and get to know our organizations."

Bri and I stand up and start to walk around the room. I see an organization for black women and convince Bri to sign up with me, telling her that it would be so much fun. We both signed up, super excited for the first meeting next week. Across the room was an art group that caught my eye. All the presidents of the group had such different styles than what I had ever seen before in my hometown. I walked over to the table to sign my name and number and instantly started to feel welcomed by the energy from the people surrounding the table.

I hear my phone ringing and it's Bri. "Zay where you at?  I'm outside waiting on you."
"My bad im coming," I say.

We both began to walk back to the bus stop to catch a ride back to our dorm to find something to eat.

"Today has been a long ass day!" Bri says as she yawns loudly.
"It sure has" I reply.