July 2 - Warning signs (9)

The sun was getting lower and lower as I stared at the beautiful view in front of me that I couldn't get tired of.
The white sand, the ripples of the waves, the bluest sea water I had ever seen.

Bella was near me, blissfully sunbathing.
Her flat stomach resting against the beach towel as she breathed slowly.
Her red hair gets darker when wet.

"How about we call Vincent for the boat? If you are okay with it." I asked her.
"Sure." Bella said, picking up the phone.

"God..." She said with a relieved smile as she gets up.
"I am relaxing too much... I'm not used to." She said surprised.
I laughed understandly: "It's weird for me too..."

Our boat arrived about half an hour later. And we said goodbye (hopefully for now) to that incredibible place.

As I walked up the stairs, I looked up, and Bella had stretched her hand to me, smiling kindly.

I took her hand, she squeeze it and somehow, she did not let me go until I climbed the last step.

"Thanks..." I managed to say.
Pretty embarrassed by... I don't know what.
"No probs." She smiled gently.

There was something when I took her hand that left me destabilized, like... a shaking feeling... but the most stunning thing was that I could glimpse from her eyes that she was feeling it too...

When we were on the boat the sky was softly and slowly turning shades of yellow and orange.
Bella and I were near each other, leaning against the edge of the boat to admire that immense view.

"That was worth it..." She whispered seriously.
She looked at me with those limpid eyes: "I mean... look at that..." She slightly smiled and looked away towards that incredible horizon.

"I agree..." I smiled.
And I stared amazed at the sky: "It is nice."
I never thought I'd say those words with everything that had happened that day.

Still our arms brushed against each other.
Still this feeling of embarrassment mixed with relief.

The boat brought us back to the resort.
And I was feeling sad about it, as if that place reminded me that I had been abandoned.

At the reception we stopped in front of the elevator.
Bella cleared her throat: "Would you like to have dinner at the hotel restaurant, tonight?"
Her big amber eyes looked at me intently, waiting for my answer.

"Sure." I accepted.
I don't know why but a sense of relief hit my shoulders.

Bella smiled: "What floor are you on?" She asked as she pressed the elevator call button.
"Fourth." I said as we entered at the hotel's golden elevator.

Bella looked in the mirror in front of us and laughed: "At least I got a little color, now."
She was talking about her slightly rosy cheeks, who suited her.
Yet her skin is so candid.

"You are so tanned..." She pointed at me, amused.
"Ow, I can feel that..." I laughed, still feeling the heat of the sun in my skin.

After a few seconds the doors opened and she stepped out.
"I'm on the third." She explained.
Bella turned to me and smiled quietly, "See you in the lobby at... nine pm?"

I nodded, smiling back at her.
"See you later..." She whispered as she glanced at me with a soft smile.
Her eyes had a strange glint.

The elevator doors closed and the last thing I saw was her wavy red hair and her light blue dress.
Her hair was still a little wet at the ends.
I thought that was a very nice vision.

I pressed the number four and leaned back, staring at the golden ceiling of that elevator.
Just enough time to barely squeeze my eyes that I heard the click of the doors opening again.