2. The Tortured Poets Department

Torture meaning:1

Torture meaning:
1. to inflict on a person something that is hard to bear, torture adds the implication of causing unbearable pain or suffering. Tortured by a sense of guilt. Tortured by words. To make someone confess by being tortured.

2. as in nightmare;
a situation or state that causes great suffering and unhappiness

Tortured poets refer to Taylor Swift and her friends who consider themselves the poets. Who are tortured someones by their poetic words or poems.

Typewriter: Missing the '1'

---------------------------------------------
The Tortured Poets Department Lyric:

🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶
You left your typewriter at my apartment
Straight from the tortured poets department
I think some things I never say
Like, "Who uses typewriters anyway?"
But you're in self-sabotage mode
Throwing spikes down on the road
But I've seen this episode and still loved the show
Who else decodes you?
And who's gonna hold you like me?
And who's gonna know you, if not me?

Meaning:
Taylor watched her muse, left the typewriter on TTPD.
And never judge her muse, why use the old technology like typewriter when we can use new technology like computer or cellphone. She never asks what her muse is doing and why is using the typewriter.

Taylor saw her muse in self destructive stage. Acts not normal. Ruining their life. She has been there before, she knows the muse too well.  Really well. And she asks who else decode you? Who knows the muse better than her. Who else watches the muse better than her? Who else understands the muse better than her?

But, she still loves the muse mind games. She still loves the relationship. She still wants to play this game.

🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶
I laughed in your face and said
"You're not Dylan Thomas, I'm not Patti Smith
This ain't the Chelsea Hotel, we're modern idiots"
And who's gonna hold you like me?
Nobody
No-fucking-body
Nobody

Meaning:
Taylor probably said, their love story isn't legendary as Dylan Thomas and Patti Smith. But, it was their modern love story. It will be legendary too someday. Their love story will be legendary someday. This relationship will be the greatest love story someday.  Nobody, knows you like she does.