Chapter 1: The New Recruit Part 1

In the heart of the city, where the neon lights flicker like distant stars in the night sky, lies the domain of the underworld. It's a world hidden from the eyes of the law-abiding citizens, a world ruled by the powerful and the ruthless. Among them, the most feared is the Cosa Nostra, the Italian-American mafia that has its claws deep within the city's veins.

Anthony Romano, a young man with a troubled past, finds himself drawn into this dark world. His father, a low-level enforcer for the Romano crime family, was gunned down in a turf war when Anthony was just a child. Raised by his mother in the poverty-stricken alleys of the city, Anthony grew up with a burning desire for revenge.

Now, at the age of twenty-five, Anthony seeks to join the ranks of the very organization that took his father from him. He knows the risks, he knows the dangers, but he also knows that this is the only path that will lead him to the truth.

With determination burning in his veins, Anthony approaches Salvatore Romano, the aging don of the Romano crime family. He presents himself as a willing recruit, eager to prove his worth and earn his place among the ranks of the Cosa Nostra. Salvatore, intrigued by the young man's audacity, agrees to give him a chance.