❴Chasing their shadows❵

✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦  ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ ✦ .  ⁺   .

With my shaky control, I relaxed my tense body, letting it sink to the ground.

The cold marble greeted my skin, sending shivers racing down my thighs.

It was like a shock to my system, a jolt of sensation that made me feel alive and vulnerable all at once.

The thought of my beloved being gone overwhelmed me, and I couldn't help but burst into tears.

I'm 5'3, always ready for a fight. When the drop of tears are dripping down my eyes, they look like two moons trying to shine in the night filled with blood-curdling memories.

Perfect lips frame my sun-kissed skin.

But it's the scars on my arms that tell my story, each one earned from relentless training in boxing and karate.

My hair, neither too short nor too long, cascades around my face, soaked in sweat and tears.

It felt like my heart was shattering into a million pieces, and the tears were the only way to let out the pain.

The family was not even giving a heck about their daughter who was gone now.

"I am strong" recalling this sentence in my mind, I got up.

I straightened up, dusting off my clothes with a defiant air. Standing tall, I felt like a warrior princess ready to take on whatever came my way.

I was rocking a black cropped top paired with denim shorts and a sneaky fishnet underneath, giving off serious baddie vibes. It was like wearing armor, but way more stylish.

I grabbed a regular pistol and a pocket knife to walk down the mission.

*Mission: Save Amaryllis Rose*

I got out, stepping with the softest touch. Waiting for them to concede forward.

That guy was really getting on my nerves, charming my sister like he was playing some game. And you know what? She was lapping it up, all smiles and giggles like she'd won the lottery.

It was frustrating to watch, like seeing a movie where you know the ending isn't going to be happy, but you can't look away.

**I wonder What kind of spell did he cast on her to make her follow him so willingly? It felt like watching a magician pull off an impossible trick, leaving me baffled and wanting answers.**

I kept following them by foot, matching their pace for what felt like 500 meters.

A while after, the street opened up into a crowded place which looked like a market.

The air was filled with variety of voices, the constant chatter merging into a wall of sound.

It felt like being engulfed in a sea of noise, with every step accompanied by the hubbub of conversations, laughter, and the shouts of bargains.

After about 5 minutes of roaming aimlessly in the crowded place, I saw five of them. 3 tall men and one woman along with my Amy climbing up into a Ducati SuperSport - popularly used as a sports bike.

**I wonder how they actually managed to get that amount as gangsters for such sportsters.**

...None of my business...

I rushed into a man with a bike. He was around in his 20's. Despite of his rectangular face, he gives me a golden retriever vibes but some of my senses says that he is a playboy.

He had a muscular build and a tall figure too.

He was about to wear a helmet when I pointed out my pistol on him "gimme that freaking bike of yours".