The Cannibal

"The Night is Dark and Full of Terrors" - Milisandra.

111Ac

Ser Willas Fell POV

Dark clouds swirled above Dragonstone as the rain hammered down on the island. Occasionally, blinding rays of light would illuminate the sky, followed shortly by a defining roar of thunder.

I was standing firm, guarding the chamber of Prince Aemon, my eyes and ears vigilant, always open to any possible inkling of danger that the prince could face.

Crack

The defining roars of thunder sounded in the sky as the storm continued to rage on. Suddenly, out of the corner of my eye, I spotted a shadowy figure retreating behind the corner of the corridor just adjacent to the prince's chambers.

"Show yourself, whoever you are," I shouted out in a firm voice, quickly drawing my sword to face whoever was hiding near the royal quarters. No one but the royal family and the king's guard should be here. I quietly scurried along the corridor, my mouth dry, and my mind focused on the possibility of facing a would-be assassin or a sticky-fingered servant.

My footsteps echoed through the silent hall in a soft melody as I came closer and closer towards the corner where the figure had rushed off. I could feel the wind blow through the empty halls, brushing up against my cheeks and flowing through my hair. It was only then that I remembered that I had forgotten my helmet inside the prince's chamber. After having a few drinks with him, I had completely forgotten about it. Not dwelling on that thought, I turned the corner, my sword raised, ready to strike down anyone that could possibly attack me and nothing.

The corridor was empty; no one was there. I, however, kept firm and walked further through the dimly lit corridor, trying to spot any signs of an intruder.

Thwack

All of a sudden, I felt a sharp pain in the back of my head as everything went dark.

Adella pov

Clink clink

Ser Willis's sword fell to the ground as he fell out of consciousness. This was not the approach I would have preferred to take, but I know Aemon well enough to know that trying to seduce and draw Ser Willis away with pretty words and a damsel act would not be tolerated, so I had to use a much more blunt approach. I thought as I put down the chamber pot I had used to immobilise the king's guard, I quickly made my way over to Aemon's room and knocked on the door in three quick succession to let him know it was me.

The door creaked open as Aemon stepped out, wearing a black cloak and a smug look plastered all over his face.

"Such a beautiful lady visiting me so late at night, is this a dream?" he said in a voice filled with his usual snark.

"No, if it was one of your perverted dreams, I'd be naked and you'd be on the iron throne. No stop wasting time, help me carry Ser Willias into your room before someone spots his unconscious body," I replied with my usual dry tone.

He quickly ran down the corridor to where Ser Willas was and dragged him back to the room, throwing him onto his bed and laying his sword next to him.

"Thank you for your help, Adella. Now return to your chambers. I wouldn't want anyone to spot you here," he said with a serious tone.

I quickly made my way to him and hugged him from behind, my face firmly nuzzled into his neck. I could feel his warmth seeping into me. "Please be safe and run if it's too much. A faceless man may cost a lot, but losing you would be much more costly." He quickly turned to face me and returned the embrace. I could feel his strong arms hold me tightly.