𝖎. 𝖒𝖚𝖗𝖉𝖊𝖗𝖔𝖚𝖘 𝖍𝖆𝖑𝖑𝖔𝖜𝖊𝖊𝖓

CHAPTER 1:MURDEROUS HALLOWEEN(3x6: about face)

CHAPTER 1:
MURDEROUS HALLOWEEN
(3x6: about face)

▣▣▣▣▣▣

        "I'M GOING TO EAT YOU."

        Harlow looked up from her cubicle opposite to Emily's just in time to catch Morgan getting spooked by a guy wearing a Frankenstein mask. She and Emily shared a laugh as they watched him almost falling off his chair, then he let out a breath, "Reid!"

        "Happy All Hallows' Eve, folks," Spencer greeted them as he pushed his mask up onto the top of his head, showing them his real face. "To paraphrase from Celtic mythology, tomorrow night, all order is suspended, and the barriers between the natural and the supernatural are temporarily remo-hoo-ved," he hooted, grinning as he pulled out another mask from his paper bag and tossed it to Emily.

        "Hey, doc, give me one too," Harlow grinned at him, holding up her hands as she sat up behind her desk. Spencer turned around, while his hand disappeared inside the bag again, then he pulled out a zombie mask and threw it at Harlow. She smirked as her eyes ran over the scary face, then she put it on and looked at Emily, growling, while she held up her hands, like you could see in horror movies.

        "See, that right there is why Halloween creeps me out," Morgan stated, looking straight at Harlow.

        "You're scared of Halloween?" she asked, stunned. She would have never imagined that there was something in the world that could scare the always so brave Derek Morgan.

        "I didn't say I was scared, I said I was creeped out. There's a difference there, youngster. You should look it up," he corrected Harlow, causing her to tilt her head back in laughter.

        "Sounds the same thing to me." She waved him off, then leaned back in her seat and crossed her booted feet on the top of her desk, opening up her sketchbook again and continuing her current work.

        "What creeps you out about it?" Emily turned to Morgan with a questioning look.

        "I don't know, people wearing masks. I don't like folks in disguises."

        "That's the best thing about Halloween. You can be anyone you want to be," Spencer told Morgan, leaning against his own desk, while he tossed the man a candy to lift his mood.

        "No, I'm pretty good just being me," Morgan responded, going back to the case file he was working on previously.

        "Yeah, why is it that neither of those points of view surprise me?" Emily asked, glancing at him.

        "You know what, though? On the flip side, it does provide a pretty good reason to cosy up with a scary flick and a little Halloween honey." The usual charmer smirk appeared on Morgan's face as he winked at Emily, causing her to grimace.