Chapter 13

“Please tell me.”

“I don’t have any accessories.”

Ian got up from his seat and opened the drawer to my right. Various pieces of jewelry were displayed there. I sighed, admiring his stiffness.

“…It means I don’t have accessories that I like.”

Ian, who had not responded for a few seconds, bowed his head.

“I’ll tell the Marquis and prepare someone right away.”

“No.”

Ian paused.

The Marquis he said referred to Sir Shubart. I turned around, saying firmly as I could see the questioning face in Ian’s expression.

“I want the Riventel’s red tears.”

“Riventel’s red tears?”

“I heard it from the rumors going around in the capital.”

Ian looked like he was hearing it for the first time, but I was firm when I said that. It would be no wonder if his mouth became dry.

“I will prepare it for you.”

“Thank you. I hope it hangs on my neck before I enter the carriage.”

“Yes, I understand.”

“Then get out.”

As soon as Ian closed the door and left, I exhaled the rest of my breath slowly.

My mother wants me to awaken my power quickly and hopes to use my power on one of the two princes. In the original story, it was written that the second prince, Valery, would eventually become the Crown Prince. Still, if it goes as it is, the end will be terrifying.
I don’t know when exactly that will happen, but he’s already an adult, so it’s probably soon. That’s why I need a safety device, even if it’s double-edged for me. Well, it wasn’t difficult for me to choose whether to get hurt or die.

“I hope Ian will get the Riventel’s red tears.”

At least the information I was looking for it will be spread. I closed my eyes as not to show the nervousness that was boiling inside me.

* * *

Contrary to my worries, Ian brought ‘Riventel’s red tears’ within a day. I didn’t ask him how to get it though.

It’s prettier than I thought.

I stared down at the necklace that was in my hand. The three-tier necklace, made by someone’s custom, had dozens of water drop-shaped rubies embedded in a gorgeous design that could instantly identify your taste.

“Did Sir Shubart not say anything?”

Ian raised his eyebrows briefly.

“Yes, he didn’t say anything.”

“Really?”

“Yes.”

“…I got it. Fortunately, you were fast. Thank you.”

“No, please call me if you need me.”

“Yes, go back and rest. You did a great job.”

Ian went out, and I put the necklace in the drawer without hesitation. After that, I began memorizing the information from the documents still piled up.

* * *
The dress I had arranged at the boutique shop arrived the evening before the banquet. I thought the delivery man would be the one who came, but the Madame delivered it in person.