Chapter 3 - Y/n Meets the Other Smiling Critters - Part 1

Location: CatNap's Room - Playcare - Playtime Co.

Time: 9:30 AM

No POV

Jack: Hey. Hey, buddy. Wake up!

After a long and peaceful slumber in CatNap's room, Y/n slowly woke up, feeling rested and energized as he found himself in CatNap's bed and for some reason, he woke up in the CatNap onesie that he was wearing it during his dream sequence with CatNap and DogDay that felt all too real for him is to why he is still wearing the onesie that CatNap made for him outside of his own dreams. The one who woke him up was the factory's own janitor, Jack as he the one who managed to find Y/n in CatNap's bedroom through the security cameras when he was reported missing since last night.

Jack knew about CatNap treating Y/n like an overprotective parent and CatNap also treats Jack with respect and kind love like how Theodore treated Y/n like an older brother. Out of all of the other adults in Playtime Co., Jack the Janitor is one if not only person that deeply cared about Y/n and Theodore like his own sons.

Y/n then rubbed his eyes to see Jack in the room, but CatNap was nowhere to be found. Probably off to do his job as caretaker for the children at Playcare.

Y/n: (Wakes Up) Huh? What happened? Where am I?

Jack: You were sleeping in CatNap's bed, and I had to wake you up when the caretakers found out that you went missing for some reason until I found you here in that CatNap suit, you're wearing.

Y/n: Huh? (Looks at himself) Oh? What this? CatNap actually made it for me.

Jack: He did? Huh. I didn't expect a toy like CatNap to make you something like that. You look like one of those CatNap dolls from the Playhouse.

Y/n: Yeah, I thought so too.

Jack: Well, I better take you back to Home Sweet Home right away. I hate to see the boss when he's in a bad mood and neither should you.

Y/n: Ok.

So, Jack took Y/n back to Home Sweet Home after Y/n got out of his CatNap onesie that the purple feline made for him inside of his own dreams. Y/n clearly doesn't know how or why he was still wearing it, but that dream felt all too weird and real to him.

Once Y/n is back inside Home Sweet Home, he soon found CatNap playing with the kids and he seems to busy playing around with the other orphaned kids until Y/n felt a tap on his shoulder as he turned around to see a familiar face.

DogDay: Hey there, kiddo!

Y/n: DogDay!

DogDay: That's me! You must be Y/n, am I right?

Y/n: Yeah. Are you a friend of CatNap?

DogDay: Of course. Me and CatNap are best friends. The caretakers assigned me to watch over you for a while until the others arrive.

Y/n: The others?

DogDay: Yeah, the rest of the Smiling Critters.

Y/n: Smiling Critters?

DogDay: That's right. You never heard of them, have you?

Y/n: I don't think so.

DogDay: Don't worry, buddy. I'm sure the others will be happy to meet you. Do you want to go outside and play, Y/n?

Y/n: Are you sure about that, DogDay? What if CatNap get jealous of you playing with me? I mean, he has been a bit overprotective and clingy towards me.

Then DogDay looked at CatNap, which the purple feline looked back and nodded to him that it's all good to let him play with Y/n until he has time to hang out with Y/n.