Chapter 14 : Shocking Revelation !!

Edenvale's police station bustled with activity as officers scurried about, their radios crackling with updates. A string of recent incidents had put everyone on edge, and Commissioner Barry was at the heart of it all. His office, usually a place of organized chaos, now buzzed with tension.

"Did you hear about the latest attack?" one officer whispered to another as they passed by Allen and Leonard, who were waiting in the lobby.

"Yeah, seems like things are getting serious," the other officer replied, casting a worried glance at the duo.

Allen looked at his watch, his impatience evident. "Dad's taking forever in that meeting. We should've been home hours ago."

Leonard, ever the calm one, shrugged. "It's important stuff, Allen. Your dad's doing his best to keep the city safe."

Just then, Commissioner Barry emerged from his office, a stack of files in hand. "Sorry for the delay, boys. I got caught up in some urgent matters."

"No worries, Dad. We brought these files you forgot," Allen said, handing over the folder.

Barry smiled gratefully. "Thanks, son. Let's head out. It's getting late."

As they walked towards the parking lot, Commissioner Vernon of Kitz state (Kitz is a neighboring state of Edenvale) approached them, his expression grave. "Barry, a word, please."

Barry exchanged a quick glance with Allen and Leonard before turning to Vernon. "Sure, what's on your mind?"

Vernon's voice dropped to a hushed tone. "I've been informed of a potential threat. We should discuss it in private."

Barry nodded, signaling to Allen and Leonard to wait for him. "Give us a moment, boys."

As the two commissioners moved aside for their discussion, Allen and Leonard exchanged curious glances. Something seemed off, but they couldn't quite put their finger on it.

Minutes turned into what felt like an eternity as Allen tapped his foot impatiently. "What could be so important?"

Leonard tried to calm his friend. "Let's not jump to conclusions. Maybe it's just routine police stuff."

Finally, Barry rejoined them, his expression grim. "We need to be cautious. Vernon has offered us an escort. It's not safe to go alone. He'll drop us in his car."

The group agreed to the escort, and soon they were on the road, flanked by police vehicles. But the sense of security was short-lived.

Out of nowhere, a convoy of masked assailants swarmed their cars, smashing windows and forcing them to a halt. Chaos erupted as Barry, Vernon, Allen, and Leonard found themselves under attack. 

As soon as they got out, each of the assailants exploded

Barry, trying to shield his son, was struck on the head and fell unconscious. Vernon, in a moment of panic, bolted from his car and sprinted into an empty space a few blocks away, pursued by one of the attackers in a menacing hood and mask.