Chapter Five

At first, Harvi felt like they were floating. They felt weightless, as if drifting through space. They felt warm, their fingers brushing against the soft blanket wrapped around them. It helped soothe the various aches and pains currently plaguing their body. Harvi groan, trying to roll over when a sharp pain shot through their shoulder.

They let out a whine, and a voice spoke up not a moment later.

"Harvi? Harvi, it's ok." A warm touch to their forehead prompted Harvi to open their eyes.

Their vision was hazy, and all out of focus, but cleared enough for them to make out a familiar figure with wavy brown hair.

"Maple...?" Harvi rasped, their throat feeling like sandpaper. "Where are we? They felt the blanket again, as they scanned the bed, they were currently in. their clothes had been changed as well. Their white shirts and pants from the lab had been swapped out for a burgundy gown that fell to their knees.

Maple was sitting in a chair by Harvi's bed, her arm in a sling.

"What happened?"

"The ship crashed," Maple said, shrugging, then winced and rubbed her shoulder. Harvi immediately tried to sit up, reaching for Maple's arm. "Harvi, wait. It's ok."

"I have to see," Harvi protested, still struggling to sit up. Maple placed her hand on Harvi's shoulder and pushed them back to lay against the mattress. Harvi, still to weak to fight against Maple, flopped back against the pillows.

"I'm fine. It was just a dislocated shoulder. Moonlight treated it already."

Harvi's brow furrowed. "Wait. Who's Moonlight?"

As if summoned, a tall Mazarien with dark skin and even darker purple hair appeared by their bedside.

"I heard my name? what's up?" Her colourful hair was sectioned off and spun into a multitude of tiny braids, while the rest was pulled into a high ponytail. She looked older, but only by a few years, and had a calm and gentle demeanor that just radiated off her. Her eyes widened a bit, upon seeing Harvi awake. "Harvi, you're awake. How do you feel?" Moonlight asked, reaching up to press her hand against Harvi's forehead. "Your fever's much better. Are there any other concerns you have?"

"Uh... I'm ok, thank you," Harvi managed, not used to being asked that. They would admit, they were hungry; really hungry, but Harvi didn't think she would feed them if they asked so... Harvi didn't.

Their stomach, however, asked for them, letting out a loud growl that made Moonlight chuckle.

"I can get you something to eat. Not to worry, Ubitá." She turned and left, leaving Harvi and Maple alone once more.

Harvi sighed, flopping back against the pillows, turning to stare at the ceiling. A mural was painted on the ceiling. Half of it was a vibrant blue and purple sky, with fluffy white clouds. The other side was the night sky, but it wasn't like on earth, there were swirls of pink, blue and purple, and the tiny dots of those things Griffin mentioned called stars. On the night side, there were five moons spread out at the far end, and on the day side, were three suns.

"Woah..." Harvi breathed, in awe of the complete masterpiece above their heads. They never thought anything could be this beautiful.

"Yeah, it's pretty cool. I stared at it for a solid hour before really doing anything."

"What do the others think?"

"Jogo's eyes nearly popped out of his skull," Maple chuckled. "Griffin was kinda the same, but Nyx was kinda indifferent. I think she was still impressed though."