Chapter 24 ~ Performing

This chapter isn't edited, so sorry for any mistakes <3

Niall's P.O.V.

"Were on in five minutes." Liam told everyone and we nodded, getting into our usual group hug as we performed our usual routine, putting our hands in together and giving each other a high five.

Harry avoided eye contact with me, completely disregarding my high five as I went to give it, but I guess I deserved it after what I had said.

"Harry? Do you think we could talk?" I asked him, tapping his shoulder and he turned around with a shrug.

"You best make it quick, were on in a few minutes." He said, emotionless and I cleared my throat, feeling nervous.

"I'm sorry, I wanted to apologise sooner for my actions and my words towards you and Jade. I-I thought I was doing what was best, but I wasn't, I was just hurting you both." I stammered, slightly, only wanting my best friend to be happy.

"Well it's done with now, I think you need to apologise to Jade separately, though because you don't know her and you were out of order to say horrible things about her." He said seriously.

"I know and I will apologise to her, I didn't mean to be horrible about her, I know she's a lovely person, but I was only saying it because I thought it was a set up, I'm sorry, I was wrong." I explained, feeling guilty for ever thinking Jade was fake.

But it was a vibe I got and doubting that Harry would keep something like that from us, was wrong of me. Harry wouldn't do that, he's my best friend, of course he wouldn't.

I noticed a flicker of guilt in Harry's eyes, something that had appeared before when I had apologised which is what made me believe I was right, but I shook the thought away, determined that if he really did have anything to hide, he would've told me by now.

"It's okay, I guess." He shrugged, turning away from me and ignoring me.

I felt quite alone in that moment, until I felt Liam pat my back.

"You alright mate?" He asked.

"I'm fine, thanks." I said, with a smile as the music started up and we got ready to go on stage.

There was something going on with Harry. Something I couldn't quite determine, but I wanted to help him and I wanted to know what it was.

My apology was truthful, but that didn't mean I had given up. He's my best friend and I wanted to know what it was that looked to be causing him such distress, if it wasn't Jade.

Harry's P.O.V.

I took a deep breath, trying to relax as I began to sing, my mind feeling much more relaxed now that I had seen the fans, but once my solo finished, my mind wandered back to thoughts of Niall.

I was being unfair to him, but the guilt I felt, caused me to not be able to look him in the eye, I felt that if I did, I would break and I couldn't do that, especially not on stage.

"Harry, sing." I heard a sharp voice in my ear and I turned around, realising that the chorus was being sung and I was frozen to my spot.

"Oh yeah, sorry." I told him and he continued to sing while I picked it up, determined to shake the thoughts from my head and to concentrate on the fans.

I looked over at Niall, noticing that he was suspicious about me still and I gave him a small smile and he relaxed.

It was like I had a big weight on my shoulders that was ready to be released, only when it did, it would crush and hurt the people close to me and I'm not sure if I was ready to face that just yet.