Seven

Louis spared a glance towards Harry as the two walked down the dirt path towards the village

Louis spared a glance towards Harry as the two walked down the dirt path towards the village. He had to tilt his neck slightly to look up past the stitches on his neck to see his emerald eyes glowing.

He no longer looked at him in fear. He couldn't label what he felt when he looked at him but it wasn't fear anymore.

Its been a few days since Harry told him what happened to his sister and even the small bit of information made him feel at ease with him. Like he wasn't keeping his whole past a secret.

"Harry?" He softly said, attracting his attention to earn a raise of the eyebrows. "I know this isn't the time but you've had those stitches since you were 16?"

He could see the bob of his adams apple and the furrow of his eyebrows but he nodded, his hands surprisingly staying calm at his sides.

"So you're used to the-" he froze, biting his tongue in thought.

"The stares?" Harry finished, a small smile rose on his face that brought out the small indentations of his dimples. "My maker -guess you can call him- said that they only stared because they were jealous that they couldn't look like me."

Louis cocked his head to the side because that seems like a calming thing to say to a panicking teenager who suddenly doesn't look like he did before.

"Its different i'll give you that." He hummed, playfully bumping his shoulder against his to show that he meant it in a good way.

"I would never get them removed." He admitted, "They remind me that i survived." His greens fell down to see Louis' reaction which was calm which made him feel relaxed. "That and they kind of hold my body together." He joked, making the human beside him smile for a moment. He thought that he would ask the obvious question but the two remained silent as they grew closer to the village.

Harry could see a few people scattered around, causing him to bite on his bottom lip in contemplation.

"Wait." His deep voice rang, his hand going to Louis' to hold him back where they still couldn't be seen due to the trees. "Have to hide your smell."

"Ew." Louis gaged when he saw Harry bite at his stitches that Niall put on just days ago, wiping the crimson blood on his neck and forehead like before. Louis' nose crinkled at the sticky and wet feeling.

Harry slowly leaned downwards to smell his neck to make sure that he concealed his human aroma, his eyes staying locked on Louis' lips that twitched as he took a deep breath.

"You smell fine now." He mumbled, the close proximity from their lips causing his voice to be soft. "Lets go." He swallowed, backing away to continue walking.

"Don't you have to close that." Louis asked, pointing to his finger that was dripping blood onto the ground underneath them.

It was like dejá vú to the blue eyed boy.