06

I woke up with a huge headache, and my nose pounding. I sat up and saw that I was in my room again,the door open and breakfast noises coming from downstairs. I put my feet on the cold ground and walked over to the barred window,leaning my face against the smooth bars, allowing the pain in my head slowly ebb away. The cold metal eased my head pains and I immediately wished I was home,drinking a hot chocolate with my parents.

    I turned around, and walked out the door and down the stairs to where Nicole,the woman, and the man were having breakfast.

    Su-! I mean,Autumn!" Nicole shouted running over to me.

    "I'm ok. It's just a small headache." I said walking slowly into the kitchen.

   The man and woman sat at the end of the table,reading the newspaper, and drinking a cup of coffee.

   I glanced back at Nicole and quietly whispered,"how long was I out for?"

   "2 days."

   "Did they even check on me?"

  "No they didn't,but I did. I sat by your bed until the man came in and yelled at me to go to bed. I'm just glad you're alive,I thought you were dead!" She whispered back before returning to the table.

  I followed suit and sat next to her and made a small plate of bacon and eggs and began eating,the hunger pain vanishing.

   "Well my dears,we're off to work!" The man said standing up.

  "Wait,you work?" Nicole asked raising an eyebrow.

   "Yes,we just like to stay home for a couple of days with our new family before we return." The woman said standing up.

   "Oh," Nicole began,"what are we supposed to do all day?"

   "Well,I believe your grandmother is coming to stay for awhile, and is bringing you a surprise," the woman started,"but other than that, you could read,or watch television." She said before grabbing a brief case that sat next to kitchen door.

   The man followed suit, and with a goodbye, the man and woman were gone.

   "Well,let's get this mess cleaned up and get ready for this lady,and we'll figure out what to do for the rest of the day. We could find a way to escape somehow." I said before standing up.

    Nicole remained silent while we cleaned the kitchen and the dishes,and hurried off to her room to get ready. I climbed the stairs more slowly,my headache becoming worse. I opened the door to the room and walked over to the dresser pulling out a pair of jean shorts and a pink top.

   I threw the clothes on and when I looked in the mirror,I studied myself. My skin was pale with light bruises standing out here and there. Scratches ran the length of my arms and I shuddered in pain. I tried remembering when the last day of school would be and I immediately realized,that school had already ended. Everyone was on summer break,enjoying the cool morning and the hot afternoons. Hot chocolate would be good in the morning, but lemonade was my favorite to have in summer. A flash of anger went through me and I punched the wall,shaking my hand after doing it.

     I glanced at my backpack,which still sat in a corner, and walked over to it picking it up. I opened it and emptied it on my bed.

   A hairbrush,pictures of me and Addie at the last school dance,lip gloss,notebooks,folders, a camera that my parents gave me for pictures with friends,and a small mirror fell onto the bed and I stared at it all.

   I picked up the pictures of me and Addie and put them on the mirror, making sure they stayed. I picked up a black dry erase mirror,and walked back over to the mirror.

    I wrote a simple sentence.

  I will make it back home.
-------

    "Thank you again..grandma." I choked out after taking the millions of bags that surrounded us.

   "Oh it's quite alright dears." She said before turning on her heels and walking out the front door.

   I tried catching it before it closed and cursed when it slammed shut.

   Nicole was already taking her bags upstairs and I followed,before entering my room,and throwing the bags down and putting everything away quickly. The front door opened and the man and woman's voice echoed up to us.

   "Hello?"

  "We're up here!" I shouted rolling my eyes.

    "Come downstairs we have a gift for you!" The woman called.

   I glanced outside at the darkening sky before meeting Nicole in the hall.

  We walked down together and stood at the bottom of the stairs glaring.

  "Since you two have been getting used to the house we have decided to allow you to go outside on the property. You can swim in the lake,go on a horseback ride,or walk in the woods. We also bought some movies for you girls. Happy summer!" The woman said smiling.

   A huge smile spread across my face.

   We could go outside!

  But then my dreams were ruined.

  "There's barb wire surrounding the property though,so don't try anything." The man grumbled before going upstairs.

  "Goodnight girls,we'll see you late tomorrow night." The woman said before retreating after her husband.

    I glanced at Nicole with sad eyes,when an idea came to mind.

   "Nicole,let's just 'explore' the property tomorrow." I said winking.

  She caught on and nodded before we sat down and put in a movie. We both decided to watch The Maze Runner. And somehow I felt the same way. This was just one big maze,and the way out was just around the corner.
-----
Hey guys!!

Sorry for the short chapter. I'll make the next one long don't worry. Thoughts about the man and woman allowing them to explore the property?

   Their names are going to be revealed soon! I'm very excited to be writing this story. And 30 reads! Thank you all so much,it may not seem like a lot to you, but it's like a million reads for me! Thank you all so much again!

   Next chapter should be up soon!

Bye guys! Have a great rest of your day!

:)

-Xxstars_moonxX