Chapter 52

Clayton's POV

This past week was one of the busiest weeks of my life; having to assign more border guards, intense training, and figuring out how to protect Rose along with the rest of the pack.

Once I got back from training, I went to my office. I'm so tired I barely noticed that everything is organized, again.

I smile and shake my head slightly before I plopped down on the small couch in my office.

"Wakey wakey if you want eggs and bakey!" I hear Rose and Maddie yell in my ear. I open my eyes to see them both smiling at me.

Kali, Kaleb, and little Maddie decided to stay till New Years, which is great because Kaleb has been helping me with protecting my pack and Rose.

I lean up as I say, "What time is it?"

Rose shrugs, "9:50, now, come have some breakfast!" She then grabs my hand and pulls me off the couch all the way into the kitchen. Once we are in the kitchen, Rose pushes me down so I am sitting on a chair while Kali puts a plate of bacon and eggs in front of me.

My mouth waters at the food and Kali runs out of the kitchen with Rose — leaving me with little Maddie.

Maddie crawls up on a chair next to me and just stares at me. After sitting with her staring at me for a few minutes, she speaks. "I'm gonna make cookies today with mommy and Rosie."

I smile at her before Rose and Kali come back into the kitchen..with Damon.

Damon has been avoiding me as much as he can. Last time we talked it was at the Becoming Alpha Party, and even then it wasn't talking it was more of yelling.

Damon turns to walk out of the kitchen, but Rose doesn't let him as she pushes him down on a chair like she did to me awhile ago. Damon raises an eyebrow at Rose and she just smiles a beautiful smile before turning and getting him a plate of food.

Damon then clears his throat and right as he is about to speak Kali says, "Maddie, stay in here with Alpha Clayton and Damon."

Maddie nods her head okay while Rose and Kali exchange a look before the both of them leave the kitchen.

I try to act normal as I eat my breakfast, but I feel Damon starring at me. I look up at him and right as he opens his mouth to speak, Maddie giggles. We both look to Maddie and she starts laughing her little butt off.

"No! Get this for Rosie!" Maddie says as she points at the piece of jewelry she wants me to get for Rose.
Damon and I both shake our heads at the adorable four year old.

When Rose and Kali left us all in the kitchen, I guess it was a plan they had to get Damon and I talking. Maddie told us their plan, so Damon and I talked it all out and we are now currently searching for a Christmas present for Rose.

Damon smiles at the piece of jewelry Maddie is pointing at, "This one is nice." He says as he examines it. I shake my head, "No. It's not good enough, I want something that is as beautiful as her."

As I say that my eyes land on exactly what I was looking for. I smile to myself as I say, "This is the one."

When we got back to the pack house from town, I had Damon take Rose's present with him. If I take it with me I would get excited and just give it to Rose right away; but I need to wait for the perfect moment.

I carry Maddie in my arms, as she is asleep from the long car ride, to the house.

"I can't wait for Rose and I's baby to be born, but I'm slightly nervous on being a father. I mean, I did help raise Rose, but that's when she was four. Not when she was a tiny infant." I tell Damon.

Damon looks to me and smiles, "Alpha, there is nothing to worry about. You will have this father instinct that will kick in as soon as you see your child."

I nod and look down at Maddie as she is hard core asleep, but that changes as soon as Damon opens the pack house door and the smell of cookies fill our noses.

Maddie's eyes popped open at the scent and she jumped out of my arms. Damon and I just stand there wide-eyed at the little girl's actions. You think it would be cute for a kid to want cookies right? No. This was quite scary.

"What is she? A Ninja?" I ask Damon. He shrugs before he turns and walks up the stairs with the presents we bought for everyone.

As he walks up the stairs I hear a loud smack come from the kitchen. When I heard that I was like Maddie when she smelt the cookies.

I quickly ran into the kitchen, only to see Kaleb rubbing the side of his face.

"Don't eat the cookie dough!" Kali says to him before she goes back to mixing up chocolate chip cookies.

"But you let Maddie have some!" Kaleb protests as he reaches for the bowl again. Kali grabs the bowl and smacks the top of Kaleb's head before she walks away from him and over to Rose.

I chuckle and lean on the side of the kitchen entry way, watching Rose decorate sugar cookies with colored sugar.

Kaleb pouts and joins me as we watch our mates make yummy cookies with Maddie.

Kali was really focused on mixing up the chocolate chip cookies, that is, until Maddie climbed up on the. Punter and accidentally knocked down the open sack of flour. Kali laughs at the sight before she leaves the kitchen with Maddie to clean her up.

As soon as Kali leaves the kitchen, Rose reaches over and steals some of the cookie dough Kali was mixing up.

"Don't eat the cookie dough!" Kaleb says mimicking his mate. Rose turns around to face us as she says, "Only YOU guys cannot touch the cookie dough."

I put a hand over my chest like it hurt me, "But princess, why only us?"

Rose crosses her arms and says, "You two would eat it all and then we would be left with no cookies."

Kaleb and I look at each other before he says, "Are you calling us fatties?"
Before Rose can answer I say to Kaleb, "I think she is calling us fatties."

Rose rolls her eyes at us before she looks over at the white flour spilled everywhere. Rose huffs and walks over to Kaleb and I.

"I am going to get the broom. If either of you even get close to the cookies or the cookie dough you will have a four year old after your asses. Got it?" She says very scary like before she walks away.

I start walking towards the cookies, but Kaleb stops me by grabbing my arm. I look at him and furrow my eyebrows confused. He just shakes his head and says, "Do you really want Maddie after you?"

I shrug, "Maddie may be a ninja, but we are alpha's."
With that Kaleb smirks and let's go of me.

We then quickly grab ALL of the cookies and the bowls of cookie dough before running to my office as fast as we can.